Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: My special trick for using enemeez

My special trick for using enemeez

For some of us, getting the Enemeez liquid up far enough to be successful can be quite a challenge, especially if you are trying to administer it while on the shower/commode chair.
    Here is my trick in getting it far enough "up there".

First, you will need 4 items: 1 Enemeez, 1 small paper cup (I get mine at Costco) or some other small container, scissors, 1 small "puppy" feeding syringe (I got mine from Pet Co, or go on petco.com it's item # 144103 they have 2 available, this one is the smallest).

Now, empty the Enemeez into the small cup, suck up the liquid into the syringe making sure to get rid of the extra air so that all you see is liquid in the syringe. Next, cut off the bottom of the Enemeez tube where it is "crimped". Take the Enemeez tube and slip it over the syringe. Lube the Enemeez tube and insert. You may want to try it first with water so that you can see just how far this thing will shoot! Believe me, there will be no second guessing whether or not you got it far enough up there!

My son's body took to the Enemeez right away. He went from 1 1/2 - 4 hours for his BP to 30 minutes. It really has changed our lives. We had a good run with the Magic Bullets, but they stopped working. Good luck and please post and let us know how it works for you.

Hi Mombo
    That's interesting / creative
    I tried suppositiries after a while they didnt work too .

Have you ever tried mineral oil orally ?

For me I have some a few ounces every day / once at night
    Drink plenty of water and it helps greatly .

I sometimes Drink 4 0z prune juice and a dr pepper it works fast very fast ...
    Sincerely ;
    GL

GL, you don't use any other aide in your BP? No Enemeez, Magic Bullets? That's awesome if you don't need any additional help!

Mombo-That is a very clever idea. When we tried Enemeeze in rehab and again at home it was a problem getting it in. We also use a (large quad) commode shower chair. For hubby it was not as effective as MB.

Linda, just keep this in mind if the MB's stop working! :}

Hi Mombo
    It sometimes could be botehrsome for me because of my injry level / damage so so
    In the hospital . Nursing facility I had a habit of drinking a little can of prune juice at breakfast and it worked pretty fast especially if I sipped some warm coffee or warm tea .

I tried the magic bullet supositories but because I have bent up fingers / bad hand cramps I am limited and dont like other people messing with my rectum .

I try to keep my diet soft , Activia / or yoplait yougurt seems to be helpful to in my case I usually have soups for dinner or lunch
    my neck was crushed from the front in the accident , they cut my throat and I sometimes have a very hard with solids .
    All these years later and I hope some of my advice may help someone else
    This is what Care Cure is about

Thank you
    Sincerely ; GL

I've wanted to try Enemeez. Had it sent to me twice. But couldn't get it to work. Is it the same ingrediantes as MB? Also what's different in the way it works? MB works with alot of stemming.
    Mombo I'm slow but I don't understand your method above. A regular syringe won't work?
    Last edited by Mona~on~wheels; 05-12-2012 at 02:03 PM.

enemeez

The ingredients of enemeez is liquid stool softener (docusate). Enemeez has changed the lives of many SCI patients for the better in making a bowel program more efficient.

Mombo's original posting is quite creative at administering the enemeez. Mombo may do well to contact the company/vendor who manufactures Enemeez on his administrative technique. That idea would benefit patients who don't have the hand dexterity to self-administer the Enemeez. I have contacted the sales rep and provided that feedback before in the past.

The last thing to mention, is that before any rectal medication is administered for a bowel program, a digital exam should be done to remove any stool in the vault first. When administering a suppository or enemeez it should be lubricated well and inserted along the rectal wall, then administered.

pbr
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-12-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: add my initials

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    For some of us, getting the Enemeez liquid up far enough to be successful can be quite a challenge, especially if you are trying to administer it while on the shower/commode chair.
    Here is my trick in getting it far enough "up there".

First, you will need 4 items: 1 Enemeez, 1 small paper cup (I get mine at Costco) or some other small container, scissors, 1 small "puppy" feeding syringe (I got mine from Pet Co, or go on petco.com it's item # 144103 they have 2 available, this one is the smallest).

Now, empty the Enemeez into the small cup, suck up the liquid into the syringe making sure to get rid of the extra air so that all you see is liquid in the syringe. Next, cut off the bottom of the Enemeez tube where it is "crimped". Take the Enemeez tube and slip it over the syringe. Lube the Enemeez tube and insert. You may want to try it first with water so that you can see just how far this thing will shoot! Believe me, there will be no second guessing whether or not you got it far enough up there!

My son's body took to the Enemeez right away. He went from 1 1/2 - 4 hours for his BP to 30 minutes. It really has changed our lives. We had a good run with the Magic Bullets, but they stopped working. Good luck and please post and let us know how it works for you.

SCI Nurse so the ingrediantes is the exact same thing. But you don't have to wait for the enemeez to melt. Is that why it goes faster?

Mombo I understand your method now. The syring is for shutting it up higher. Assuming now, the higher you can get it is better?

Is a 10 cc human syring too big to use? How far does the syring go up?

I was wondering trying to use what I have now. What if you used a catheter & a syring? Cut the catheter (part that attaches to drainage bag) the length of your finger (the length you want the enemeez to go up the rectum.) Suck up the enemeez into the syring. Attach the syring to the catheter at the cut end where it usually attaches to the draining bag. Insert the catheter tip that usually goes in the bladder up the rectum and empty the enemeez in the syring into the rectum through the catheter.

Would that work. I would love for this to go faster.

Also do you use the whole tube?

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    SCI Nurse so the ingrediantes is the exact same thing. But you don't have to wait for the enemeez to melt. Is that why it goes faster?

Mombo I understand your method now. The syring is for shutting it up higher. Assuming now, the higher you can get it is better?

Is a 10 cc human syring too big to use? How far does the syring go up?

I was wondering trying to use what I have now. What if you used a catheter & a syring? Cut the catheter (part that attaches to drainage bag) the length of your finger (the length you want the enemeez to go up the rectum.) Suck up the enemeez into the syring. Attach the syring to the catheter at the cut end where it usually attaches to the draining bag. Insert the catheter tip that usually goes in the bladder up the rectum and empty the enemeez in the syring into the rectum through the catheter.

Would that work. I would love for this to go faster.

Also do you use the whole tube?
    That makes sense Miss Mona, try it and come back and tell us how it worked for ya.