Thread: Electic Wheelchair leaking black stuff?

Electic Wheelchair leaking black stuff?

I have a StormTDX3, I've had it for over a year. And yesterday I noticied some black oily looking stuff on the floor. Thinking I must have drove over something, we just cleaned it up. But today every once in awhile there will be this gob of black stuff.

I'm having my dad look over my chair, since I can't get into a professional so if anyone has had this happen or have any idea what it might be...HELP PLEASE.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AKspacey View Post
    I have a StormTDX3, I've had it for over a year. And yesterday I noticied some black oily looking stuff on the floor. Thinking I must have drove over something, we just cleaned it up. But today every once in awhile there will be this gob of black stuff.

I'm having my dad look over my chair, since I can't get into a professional so if anyone has had this happen or have any idea what it might be...HELP PLEASE.

Thank you
    I hear a lot of Invacare gearboxes can leak from a plastic/rubber plug on the side , I believe .

Knowledgable DME techs will seal those with a sealent before delivery to the patient. You can do it at home with the correct advice.

I hear of this issue a lot. It can be easily corrected, (at home with advice and mechanic type help), if it is the plug.

Go to -------->>> http://invacareboards.com/ and ask there.
    Some working Invacare technicians hang out there.
    That is where I read about the remidy.

jt
    C3,4,5....no deltoids.

Thank you for responding, my dad located the plug and managed to seal it up at home! Thank goodness no more black crap all over my floor!!!