Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do YOU use your standing frame?

How often do YOU use your standing frame?

How often do you use your standing frame? I'm currently a student taking twelve units. The college offers an adapted p.e class. I have taken those classes in the past, and are very helpful. I use to stand up every other day. However, this semester I was unable to squeeze the adapted p.e class. To my schedule. And now that I'm not taking this class. I would like to know how often to use the standing frame?

everyday, no excuses man, single most important thing u can do.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I try to stand at least 1 hour a day

I use mine about an hour and a half to 2 hours everday except for the weekends because it is located at school.

WG

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    at least an hour. usually 1 1/2-2hrs every day. if i travel and can't stand, i'll try and lay on my belly for an hour or so.

Thanks for everyone who replied.

I aim to use it everyday but it ends up being about four/five days a week, about an hour a go usually but varies between 15 minutes and 90 minutes. I often fiind it difficult to make time to stand for an hour in one go but I can fit in two or three fifteen minute stands spread out through the day.

Every day, at least one hour.

I am fortunate enough to have a standing chair. I use it at least 1 hour a day and most days I spend 2 hours standing. if I don't, my spasms tend to get real strong.

We were doing two hours a day. The standing frame is in the living room so to watch tv, Ryan had to stand. Lately, he has had to do 15 minutes at a time instead of an hour due to some sort of soft tissue damage. We had an MRI done this morning to find out if he needs surgery or if he needs a brace. As odd as it sounds, Ryan is hoping that orthoscopic surgery is the answer so that it can be done with. The orthopedic surgeon told us after the leg reconstruction that if Ryan's knees held him back from walking, he could fix it. Both his legs were such a mess that I am surprised that he has any use of them at all, forget the SCI factor.--eak