Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Im in so much pain, all I can do is cry...

Im in so much pain, all I can do is cry...

I am in so much pain right now that all I am able to do is cry. The pain is making it hard to take deep breathes because doing that hurts too. How in God's name am I supposed to do well on midterms this week when I cant even keep it together to study for them because of the pain....(sigh)

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Pain sucks, huh? Myself going on 5 years of constant pain every day. I hope it gets better for you. At least I'm not doing school. You'll pull through, I hope!

Feel better, I send good wishes for you

I Know you'll pull through, you've got guts

Hang tough
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

hang in there! You will be alright. Just try to relax and get as much rest as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    I am in so much pain right now that all I am able to do is cry. The pain is making it hard to take deep breathes because doing that hurts too. How in God's name am I supposed to do well on midterms this week when I cant even keep it together to study for them because of the pain....(sigh)

Becky
    Is there a way you can play the "reasonable accomodation" card and ask them to put them off a week since you are having such a hard time and not able to study? Is there a counselor or person who works with you since you are disabled? I forget what those are called...sorry.

I haven't been to school in years and don't know how it works any more but I hate that you are hurting so bad you are not able to study. I do know how that feels as I gave up my job because of lack of concentration and inability to keep it together due to pain.

Stress can aggravate the type of pain you have. I have to find a less stressful enviroment to work in which means I cannot go back into management so I have been told by three doctors in three different states(so I guess I will listen this time LOL). It is not easy relinquishing the possibility that sometimes we want certain things...sometimes they may not always be possible. It is hard for me too. Could worrying over school be increasing your pain?
    Last edited by darkeyed_daisy; 03-06-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Becky, so sorry for your pain. Is there any way to challenge some of your energy to why you are going to college and what you are trying to accomplish? I see you love horses so you must be a animal lover as well so could you find some solace in thinking about that.
    College is hard enough without pain, but I have a feeling you are that special girl that can do it.
    good luck to u.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Thanks AK, Bill, Medic, and Linda!

DD- unfortunately, I am not sure the reasonable accom. card would work since these are classes that I never took final exams in last semester due to being in the hospital so much of last semester. These midterms are supposed to act as midterms and finals for those sequenced courses as well as midterms for this part of the course sequence. As far as stress goes, I really haven't been stressed except for the last couple of days when I started realizing how much trouble I was having. I tend to tell myself I'm fine when I should have realized I was not fine a long time ago.

Jeapow- I am trying to keep focused on finishing school. I'm studying music by the way . But the problem is, I have so much riding on these midterms that even something that usually makes me happy is currently the cause of my anxiety and stress. Like I said above, this is usually not the case and only became an issue of stress when I realized how much my pain was impacting things. I do love animals but sadly my puppy had to be put to sleep last January. Usually at times like this I would just give her one long giant hug and she would know how to make me feel better and to get the strength and energy to push past things.

I do have an appointment tomorrow to see my doc so I am definately going to be spending a great deal, the whole appointment actually, on this pain issue!!!

Thanks again guys! You all are the only ones who understand (unfortunately)!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

u gotta find some way to unstress urself! as u know that just makes the pain worse and will often induce a pain flare. can u record urself saying the information that u need to know and then put it on an mp3 player and listen to it while u lay down? and just quietly repeat it as u listen. that's what i do if i am in too much pain to study like i normally do. hang in there.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

sorry you are hurting really bad again Becky.
    im very proud of your studies though, you know how I feel about how important music is to the world. good luck on your finals and with your Dr's appointment.

I got a banjo yesterday, so im getting some music education too. I think its more painful for others than for me, its almost music though.