Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 Sienna ramp/door issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    I should clarify...the problem van is a 2002 Dodge. Realize this thread is about Toyota but the post about the Caravan is what caught my attention. The issue is not so much about stops or sensors. My door is jammed...stuck solid. Use to be able to open/close it manually. Now the door won't move or at least I am not able to open/close it manually. It probably has some wiring issues too but the main problem at the moment is the stuck door. Why it isn't rolling on the rollers. Thxs
    You might want to start a new thread. Are you without transportation? That caravan of yours is probably in better shape than mine with 160,000 miles and I would not let a little thing like this let me part ways with it.

Hah! I know that van, mine is a 2002. Here is a direct quote from Fixya for a door lock actuator stuck in the lock position.
    ====paste===
    I need a bit more info to ptovife tpoyu witht he correct souiltion, but I will try to offer up a generic answer. The lock actuator is nothoing moree than a motor. If it is jammed and not moving at all, it probably is frozen and needs replacing. However, many times I've torn apart doors expecting to replace a bad actuator and have found a linkage rods jammed into door insualtion, or they have became deformed over the years and have worked their way into the inner door panel insulation padding. Without more info (front door, back door, rear hatch door,symptoms, thats all i can offer. https://www.fixya.com/cars/t10475358..._stuck_in_lock
    ====end paste======

I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    You might want to start a new thread. Are you without transportation? That caravan of yours is probably in better shape than mine with 160,000 miles and I would not let a little thing like this let me part ways with it.
    No I have transportation. That is a good point to check the door linkage!! I think it is a great little van but it is just sitting (over a year) till I can figure something out. I think I'd take 4k for it...lower floor and hand controls. Thxs
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    No I have transportation. That is a good point to check the door linkage!! I think it is a great little van but it is just sitting (over a year) till I can figure something out. I think I'd take 4k for it...lower floor and hand controls. Thxs
    Depending on the rest of the condition, 4k would be a steal.

The linkage is as hard to get to as the rest of the parts inside the door panel. You said the van has sat over a year. I bet in that time the battery has gone dead at least once. These vehicles operate on memory stored in onboard management systems. If the battery gets too low, problems can crop up. I suggest first charging the battery up full. Second disconnect the negative battery cable for a period of time to "reboot" the system. I'm not sure how long it might need to be disconnected if this will work. Try 2-5 minutes first and see if that activates your slider door actuator switch.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.