Thread: Flexrim Handrims

Flexrim Handrims

Anyone use flexrim handrims. Thinking about getting a set.

Pro's / Con's

Thanks
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

I have a pair, like them. As a quad with some hands/fingers they are little harder to push. If you are a para, no prob.

Hi I just jumped in as was going to start my own post about my flexirim's I've had for about 2 -3 years now. I love them think they are great but now i have a problem.

One of my rims the rubber seems to be thinner and tiny little holes have been appearing. These holes have now started to join up and now the rim is starting to come away from the wheel almost to a point of about about 40% !

As is its all integrated I'm really worried as can see no real way to repair and i live in Australia so no local. Also concerning is that I can't put it down to wear and tear as i push on the tire and the metal part of the rim and never really make contact with the rubber (c6/c7) Plus one rim ok the other not. Has anyone else had this problem and did you approach flexirim at all? I purchased my chair via web from Lasher Sports I don't think would be any good contacting them. Am I screwed with 1 stuffed Spinergy ?

Cheer Steve

I have been trying many rims over the past 3 years.
    I have the NF and NF lt, and a number of alu and titanium rims.
    My favourite - by miles! - are the Spinergy flexrims.
    They are awesome, particularly their push motion, which happens mainly thru the thumb, without the need the grab the rim... And that's great for the hands.
    Going back to any other rim is plain painful.
    Also I do like the ability to squeeze in spaces that are slightly narrower than the chair... Very handy.
    The downside is
    - cost
    - rubber can get damaged and detach (sugru is the only thing I found that holds and fixes it)
    - rubber gets sandy and wet
    - aluminum makes my hands very dirty (I guess I squeezed to many times and damaged the coating)

Despite all this, I am going to order a new pair to replace mine... In the meantime I am using nf lt, and my hands and aching.*

Would ordering coated middle thingys be any good? Any experience with his??

Hey. For the rubber of your FlexRim, use sugru. You can use it to make the rubber feel thicker by spreading it on the bottom, and can use it to patch holes,,or make the rubber stick to the metal if it has detached.
    My rims are a sugru patchwork now..
    Sugru.com