Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Surge Handrim

I actually demoed these for a while. I normally use plastic coated handrims and did not like the regular natural fit because I could not get a good grip. Anyway, I really like the "Surge" although it did not have a name when I used them. I will be switching from my regular plastic coasted ones to these as soon as I can.

Oh, and I did not get any blisters.

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    Oh, and the FreeWheel made that carpet much easier, BTW. Just sayin!
    I had no idea you were there. I included the FreeWheel in my presentation this morning, and commented on it during Josh Anderson's presentation yesterday (the question of spec'ing out footrest spacing came up, and I mentioned we are starting to take it into account when obtaining specs). The therapist who did get a chance to see it must have thought I was being a bit condescending. My comments implied that most had probably never heard of it when it was actually there for all to see in the exhibit hall--D'ohhh!

Unfortunately, between the need for CEU's and having the opportunity to talk to product managers, I couldn't get through all the exhibits. I think they need to have an additional 1/2 day. Then again, most therapists don't spend almost an hour talking about the characteristics of rigid frames with Paul Schulte. Very cool conversation, BTW. Too many long conversations like that, however, and it becomes difficult to get through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Thanks Scott for the heads up on this new hand rim. Thanks SCI OTR for sharing some info on it and I think its cool that your project with 3M Scotch 2242 Linerless Rubber Splicing Tape seems to have inspired The Surge!
    Actually, they were working on that issue before I even used NaturalFits.

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    Just sayin!
    Is that phrase in the official marketing materials yet, Pat?

/Just askin!

Thinking about it, I really wonder if Mark Chelgren from Frog Legs wasn't involved in design.

I called Ron Bonninger at Three Rivers and he said that The Surge LT adds about 2 oz to a standard handrim whereas the typical plastic coating adds about 10 to 12 oz to a standard handrim. Also, he said that the Gription strip was made of a rubber polymer and that they did not develop it with Mark from Frog Legs.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    I called Ron Bonninger at Three Rivers and he said that The Surge LT adds about 2 oz to a standard handrim whereas the typical plastic coating adds about 10 to 12 oz to a standard handrim. Also, he said that the Gription strip was made of a rubber polymer and that they did not develop it with Mark from Frog Legs.
    If it turns out that they nick easily with everyday use, then I would say they should have collaborated with him.

Regarding the Surge Handrim. Is there anyone that has tried these yet? I have the Natural-Fit and have to get rid of them, I can not get any grip from them and my fingers are too long and get caught by the metal tabs underneath....
    Making soup out of mud

Oh me tooooooo. I have ripped off many a short fingernail with these things.

Although they are the only rims I have ever used so I don't know any different...

Oli

Oil- Other than just sitting my hand on them with 3 finngers holding on them, I get all of the push from my thumb on the Primo tires. They are really slippery and do nothing for me. The way my OT and the dealer raved about them, I was convinced I was doing something wrong but I know I am not. Despite the fact that they are like new and were expensive they have to go. Do you have an opinion of the best alternative? Thanks
    Making soup out of mud