Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oats is one of the best option for breakfast

Smile Oats is one of the best option for breakfast

Hi To friends!!!!!

I Would like to suggest you one very best food
    for your breakfast and that is oats becoz it is
    equivalent to one normal meals and It is rich in
    protein so one has to try for that.......

Smith ALan

Smile

Plain rolled oats cooked in water or fat free milk with strawberries, bananas, or bits of apple are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Don't settle for the sugar packed pre packaged stuff. Buy the plain rolled oats from Quaker or a store brand; it usually comes in a big tube.

Eat this two to three times a day with exercise, stay full and watch the pounds melt away.

But also high in carbs, and there are other cereals that are higher in fiber. Check out barley cereals, esp. barley flakes which cook up much like oats, but lower in carbs and higher in fiber.

Steel cut oats (rather than rolled oats) are also lower in carbs and higher in fiber than rolled oats.

(KLD)

Perfect more good information.

Thanks.

Here we have started to eat much more barley, it is healthy. That is what the poor people ate in old times, barley porridge. And it is much better to eat barley instead of rice, potatoes or pasta to the dinner. But we are eating very different from you so it is difficult to compare.
    Last edited by woman from Europe; 03-05-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I love porridge, but porridge oats completely floor me. They seem one of the worst foods for me in terms of making my blood pressure drop after eating.

It makes sense it's because it's high in carbs (my two other worst foods are bread and potatoes).

Food writer Mark Bittman recently wrote a column about McDonald's oatmeal, which apparently has more sugar than a Snickers bar:
    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...oatmeal-wrong/

Ha, that article (the comment section especially) inspired me to finally get a slow cooker. I love the McCaann's Irish oatmeal, but it takes almost an hour to cook up on the stove and requires frequent stirring. With the slow cooker you can just throw in the ingredients the night before and set the timer for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashbang View Post
    Food writer Mark Bittman recently wrote a column about McDonald's oatmeal, which apparently has more sugar than a Snickers bar:
    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...oatmeal-wrong/
    It's amazing to me they can take a food that's so good for you, and make it bad for you.

don't even get me started on their salads..

Did you read the comment pointing out that there are 26 (!) ingredients in their buns?