Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Young any feedback on conference?

Wise, you mentioned injections in China that are higher than you are tetsing.
    ! what tyype of cells
    2what kind of results
    You also mentioned in reference to the stem cell summit that acertain type of cell wa being used now. what makes that cel so intriguing or interesting? Do you see your trials trying different cells in the future?

Thanks wise for all you do.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, you mentioned injections in China that are higher than you are tetsing.
    ! what tyype of cells
    2what kind of results
    You also mentioned in reference to the stem cell summit that acertain type of cell wa being used now. what makes that cel so intriguing or interesting? Do you see your trials trying different cells in the future?

Thanks wise for all you do.

keeping on
    Keeping on,

Hongyun Huang was transplanting fetal olfactory ensheathing glia. Please search for his work on this site.

Yes, we are always looking for the best therapy to use.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter View Post
    Wise--Think that the below link shows a ligitimate method of getting stem cells into the spinal cord safely?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXO_ApjKPaI&feature=player_embedded
    6 Shooter, I don't think so. Until somebody comes out with convincing data that cells injected intravenously gets into the spinal cord and improve function, I think that the best method is to transplant the cells directly to the spinal cord. Many neurosurgeons are reluctant to do such operations and one of our goals is to find out the best way to do such surgery and whether it is safe. All these methods of injecting the cells through the skin are very unlikely to work and probably will not be as safe.

Wise.

Wise, I see you commented on Dr Huabg and his transplanting of th ecell sinto over 1000 pateints with spinal injuries. It appears that sensory feelings were increased to the patients but motor function was minimal. Can you comment on this and does your therapy have better potential in restoring function?
    Thanks in advance.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    6 Shooter, I don't think so. Until somebody comes out with convincing data that cells injected intravenously gets into the spinal cord and improve function, I think that the best method is to transplant the cells directly to the spinal cord. Many neurosurgeons are reluctant to do such operations and one of our goals is to find out the best way to do such surgery and whether it is safe. All these methods of injecting the cells through the skin are very unlikely to work and probably will not be as safe. Wise.
    Actually, I was thinking of spraying the stem cells on the exposed cord, not via direct injection and not on the skin.

Any deliveries via intrathecal pumps?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, I see you commented on Dr Huabg and his transplanting of th ecell sinto over 1000 pateints with spinal injuries. It appears that sensory feelings were increased to the patients but motor function was minimal. Can you comment on this and does your therapy have better potential in restoring function?
    Thanks in advance.

keeping on
    Obviously, I don't know. I hope that we will show better results. If we don't see better results, I would recommend that we go to the next therapy. We will probably do that anyway. We are not going to stop with the first therapy that works. Wise.

Wise, thanks for the reply. We all hope that your tenaciousness will yield somethign positive for us all.

Thank you
    keeping on

Nice things coming

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Sorry, I have been in meetings for the past three days and have spent whatever time I have taking care of silly problems on the site. So, anyway, a lot has been happening.
    Oh wow. I admire you for your research, but not so much for this dismissal of some issues many of us do not think are too silly. I am truly saddened by this statement.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.