Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My teens are driving, I bought them a Wagoneer

My teens are driving, I bought them a Wagoneer

Emily now has her drivers license and Robbie is eligible for his permit. It has been such a help having her pick him up and drop him off at friends or basketball court, school, etc...

She has been using my Honda Pilot which I LOVE and the wheelchair fits so easily! Last week we bought them a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Its a tank. Picking it up tonight, taking it to the mechanic for some minor work, Emily has already purchased a dashboard hula girl and Robs bball team want to know how many chairs we can fit.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Emily now has her drivers license and Robbie is eligible for his permit. It has been such a help having her pick him up and drop him off at friends or basketball court, school, etc...

She has been using my Honda Pilot which I LOVE and the wheelchair fits so easily! Last week we bought them a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Its a tank. Picking it up tonight, taking it to the mechanic for some minor work, Emily has already purchased a dashboard hula girl and Robs bball team want to know how many chairs we can fit.
    smart thinking, gotta love the fake wood look, that'll keep the boys away from your daughter.

Blog Entries
    does it have airbags and anti-lock brakes?

Looks like a perfect teenmobile Sharon. I think I grew 100 gray hairs the first day my kids started to drive!

Do everybody drive? I am asking because none of my children have the lisence, my daughter started and I have paid about 1000 dollars for it, but she has not even met a driving teacher yet. And she and her boyfriend has bought an appartment and I don't think they have the money for her to take lessons. He has got the license from his parents and it is about 5000 dollars and I can't afford that for three children.

On the countryside it is cheaper because they have less lessons. but in Oslo they need at least 20 lessons and one lesson is about 150 dollars. And then they need to learn to drive on ice, drive in the dark and learning all the trafic rules and all of these things cost extra.
    TH 12, 43 years post

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Do everybody drive? I am asking because none of my children have the lisence, my daughter started and I have paid about 1000 dollars for it, but she has not even met a driving teacher yet. And she and her boyfriend has bought an appartment and I don't think they have the money for her to take lessons. He has got the license from his parents and it is about 5000 dollars and I can't afford that for three children.

On the countryside it is cheaper because they have less lessons. but in Oslo they need at least 20 lessons and one lesson is about 150 dollars. And then they need to learn to drive on ice, drive in the dark and learning all the trafic rules and all of these things cost extra.
    it depends on what state you live in in the u.s. some states drivers ed is taken in high school and it is cheap to get a liscense, some states you have to pat a driving school and getting liscense can cost $1000 or more.

That is awesome Sharon. That will definetely help you a lot!

yay sharon!!! looks like ur family is making so much awesome progress!!!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Thanks ...all of our accomplishments are so much bigger, celebrated more, when we think about where we have been in the past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Thanks ...all of our accomplishments are so much bigger, celebrated more, when we think about where we have been in the past 2 years.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/