Thread: American team seeks partners in health care

American team seeks partners in health care

American team seeks partners in health care

. Barth A. Green, professor and chairman of Neurological Surgery at the University of Miami.
    By MD RASOOLDEEN | ARAB NEWS

Published: Feb 26, 2011 23:09 Updated: Feb 26, 2011 23:14

RIYADH: A US medical team visited the Kingdom last week to seek partners to conduct cooperative programs on injuries relating to the spinal cord and the brain.

“We came to Saudi Arabia to carry out a partnership program in research, treatment and education on spinal cord and brain trauma injuries considering the current medical needs of the Kingdom in the particular field," said Dr. Barth A. Green, professor and chairman of Neurological Surgery at the University of Miami.

Green, who led a medical team from the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, met with the key officials of leading hospitals in the Kingdom during his three-day tour to the capital.

“The Kingdom has recorded the highest number of brain and trauma injuries in the world,” said Green, adding that the main cause of the high incidence in the Kingdom is solely due to traffic accidents.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article287100.ece

Im guessing there is one and only one reason for his trip to the Kingdom - Saudi money for the Miami Project!

Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    “The Kingdom has recorded the highest number of brain and trauma injuries in the world,” said Green, adding that the main cause of the high incidence in the Kingdom is solely due to traffic accidents.
    Is this saying Saudis are really bad drivers???

I hope he gets home soon so I can have my surgery.

I for one would be thrilled to hear of a big fat Saudie donation to Chinascinet or scinetusa or Stephen Davies etc etc. Would be a pleasant change from reading about all that money going on a Rolls Royce for every day of the week!!!