Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good schwalbe all-terrain tire

Question CF seat pan

Quote Originally Posted by Erick [RB] View Post
    I decided not to use it because I was traveling...however the carbon pan is still working well.
    Erick, saw your carbon fiber seat pan in another thread and that it is still working well in this one. Did you have a particular person that you worked with at DragonPlate? I am trying to get a similar item made and having a tough time. Finding the person there that has done this before would be a massive help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rye1945 View Post
    Erick, saw your carbon fiber seat pan in another thread and that it is still working well in this one. Did you have a particular person that you worked with at DragonPlate? I am trying to get a similar item made and having a tough time. Finding the person there that has done this before would be a massive help.

Thanks
    I did not work with anyone at Dragon Plate..I just placed an order via there website for one of the Carbon Birch core sheets. I had all the work on done at my facility.

Is that your everyday chair or just for the beach? i really like the back on that chair with the handles are not sticking out off the back? Is it aftermarket or did you order it like that? What beach is that by the way>?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick [RB] View Post
    I did not work with anyone at Dragon Plate..I just placed an order via there website for one of the Carbon Birch core sheets. I had all the work on done at my facility.
    Thanks for the clarification. That answers a lot of questions. Why did you go for birch core rather than just straight carbon fiber?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmichael View Post
    Is that your everyday chair or just for the beach? i really like the back on that chair with the handles are not sticking out off the back? Is it aftermarket or did you order it like that? What beach is that by the way>?
    No..I just put the grips [grab-on] on myself. Its Hanalei beach Kauai Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by rye1945 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. That answers a lot of questions. Why did you go for birch core rather than just straight carbon fiber?
    I went for it because its 1/8" thick so its stronger than solid carbon that thin...and I wanted something that would flex a lot. Keep in mind that I weigh around 125 pounds.

You chose birch core so that it flexes a lot. How have you been noticing the flex with daily wheeling over bumps and different surfaces? Has it been providing the “suspension” that Toto experienced with his seat pan with strips? Also, is there a little flex in it when you’re sitting stationary? I have never used a solid seat pan and I have a concern that it would have me sit too straight / tall.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    You chose birch core so that it flexes a lot. How have you been noticing the flex with daily wheeling over bumps and different surfaces? Has it been providing the “suspension” that Toto experienced with his seat pan with strips? Also, is there a little flex in it when you’re sitting stationary? I have never used a solid seat pan and I have a concern that it would have me sit too straight / tall.

Yes it has a suspension effect like Toto's and yes it has flex when your stationary..similar to a cloth sling seat.I need to use it longer Before I'm confident on the durability of it.