Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Governor of VA to ban stem cell research

Yet another dumb believer.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Yet another dumb believer.
    It appears that he does not believe in anything!
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

If he/or a family member had an injury or illness in which stem cell therapy could potentially help him/them, he would be a believer!

Embroynic stem cell research was banned there in 2009, so his budget proposal is to include wording that state funds cannot be used also. Gov. McDonnell has said he believes in other stem cell research including adult stem cells, but offers no additional money for that. For the state trying to attract stem cell business, his personal scientific stance will surely hinder all those efforts.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-28-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by chris arnold View Post
    It appears that he does not believe in anything!
    It appears that you should do more research and find out that he declares himself as a roman catholic. Just another corrupt and sick politician. Sick people make sick decisions.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

ox, as I've said, being a Roman Catholic doesn't equal stupidity. I'm a roman Catholic and a parapaplegic. I've thought and continue to think about it. When I see the criminasls , who pose as priests, get off scott free for abusing childen; the policy of the hierarchy is pick and choose. Yes abuse of the system would be bad but overwhelmingly, the Catholic population is in favor of embryonic stem cell research and application. The fact that nothing was done in the lame duck session for enhanceing stem cell research, tells me that it would be suicide to bring it up in this climate. Wise and others hopefully will provide success in any stem cell research and things will carry on.

keeping on

Obviously that many american competitors in the medicine market are happy with this kind of action.

Keeping on, is that a coincidence that 100% of the people against stem cell research are believers? Come on...
    It's not that the rest of us don't do stupid things, but not with the same percentages.

Somebody who believes in talking snakes, hell and heaven, and other kind of crap, shouldn't be making scientific decisions (or decisions at all, for that matter...). I go by the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Keeping on, is that a coincidence that 100% of the people against stem cell research are believers? Come on...
    It's not that the rest of us don't do stupid things, but not with the same percentages.

Somebody who believes in talking snakes, hell and heaven, and other kind of crap, shouldn't be making scientific decisions (or decisions at all, for that matter...). I go by the facts.
    Yet more religious assertions! These are not needed, and add nothing to the debate - all I would say is that many leading scientists are "believers", and also support stem cell research.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.