Thread: FREE excercise bike: Power Trainer ProII

Smile FREE excercise bike: Power Trainer ProII

This Power Trainer Pro II by Sinties Scientific model is no longer manufactured but looks most similar to the SciFit Pro2 Total Body (http://www.scifit.com/proseries/pro2.shtml).

I purchased this rehab bike in 1995 for individual use for well over $3,000. I no longer want it because the resistance settings no longer work, it only operates in the lowest resistance though everything else works. I contacted Sinties Scientific who made it but they no longer make parts for this model and suggested I throw it away. Throwing it away seems wasteful to me because one could still use it if you didn't need a really strenuous workout (not looking to simulate hills, just flat terrain). One of the advantages to this bike is that you can power it with your arms and your legs will move passively or vice versa. This means you can work out and stretch simultaneously.

If anyone wants this bike, I am happy to give it to you. It has served me well over the years and I just want someone to be able to work out on it or repair the resistance settings themselves. The only catch is you have to find a way to get it - either pick it up at my house in Nashville, TN or pay for special transport/shipping (it arrived through Mayflower Transit shipping in 1995!). I have moved it a lot, so while it is heavy and cumbersome it is not impossible to move/ship. It does have built-in wheels on the front to help move it around.

Parts included are the removable seat, a set of high boots which those with little or no leg use can strap their legs into in order to have their legs moved passively, a set of foot pedals which able-bodied persons could use, the heart rate belt (which either doesn't work or needs batteries that I don't know how to replace) and of course the main body of the bike.

• What Works:
      • Clock that counts down timed workouts
      • RPM reading
      • Distance reading
      • Arm Cranks
      • Foot pedal cranks
      • Booted foot pedal cranks(high support boots)
      • Removable seat which can be adjusted forward and backward and up and down easily.
      • front wheels roll for it to be moved around to desired location in room.

• What does not work:
      • The resistance settings above the lowest setting which means that the graded workouts will not work.
      • Pretty sure the heart rate monitor on the main bike body works, but the belt I have that goes on your body doesn't work so I can't test it. I'm pretty sure that similar heart rate belts are not hard to find and can also be used with it.

• Size: 31" wide x 60"long x 56" tall at highest point.
    • Weight - not sure but it is pretty heavy. It does have wheels in the front so that it can be tilted up and then pushed on its front wheels to maneuver.

If you are interested or have any questions, you can call me at 615-424-8949 or email me at ejhardcastle@gmail.com.

Sold

This items is no longer available as it found a new home! I'm not sure how to delete the posting, so just replying.

[

QUOTE=hardcastle;1330076]This Power Trainer Pro II by Sinties Scientific model is no longer manufactured but looks most similar to the SciFit Pro2 Total Body (http://www.scifit.com/proseries/pro2.shtml).

I purchased this rehab bike in 1995 for individual use for well over $3,000. I no longer want it because the resistance settings no longer work, it only operates in the lowest resistance though everything else works. I contacted Sinties Scientific who made it but they no longer make parts for this model and suggested I throw it away. Throwing it away seems wasteful to me because one could still use it if you didn't need a really strenuous workout (not looking to simulate hills, just flat terrain). One of the advantages to this bike is that you can power it with your arms and your legs will move passively or vice versa. This means you can work out and stretch simultaneously.

If anyone wants this bike, I am happy to give it to you. It has served me well over the years and I just want someone to be able to work out on it or repair the resistance settings themselves. The only catch is you have to find a way to get it - either pick it up at my house in Nashville, TN or pay for special transport/shipping (it arrived through Mayflower Transit shipping in 1995!). I have moved it a lot, so while it is heavy and cumbersome it is not impossible to move/ship. It does have built-in wheels on the front to help move it around.

Parts included are the removable seat, a set of high boots which those with little or no leg use can strap their legs into in order to have their legs moved passively, a set of foot pedals which able-bodied persons could use, the heart rate belt (which either doesn't work or needs batteries that I don't know how to replace) and of course the main body of the bike.

• What Works:
      • Clock that counts down timed workouts
      • RPM reading
      • Distance reading
      • Arm Cranks
      • Foot pedal cranks
      • Booted foot pedal cranks(high support boots)
      • Removable seat which can be adjusted forward and backward and up and down easily.
      • front wheels roll for it to be moved around to desired location in room.

• What does not work:
      • The resistance settings above the lowest setting which means that the graded workouts will not work.
      • Pretty sure the heart rate monitor on the main bike body works, but the belt I have that goes on your body doesn't work so I can't test it. I'm pretty sure that similar heart rate belts are not hard to find and can also be used with it.

• Size: 31" wide x 60"long x 56" tall at highest point.
    • Weight - not sure but it is pretty heavy. It does have wheels in the front so that it can be tilted up and then pushed on its front wheels to maneuver.

If you are interested or have any questions, you can call me at 615-424-8949 or email me at ejhardcastle@gmail.com.[/QUOTE]