Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk seriously & realistically: Medical Marijuana

i only tried it once in smoking form post injury. it was exactly 2-3 hours of HELL. my bp went sky high but scared to go to er. it was awful. which is why i asked bout pills. i absolutely do not tolerate meds or drugs well.

The pill is maranol and it is synthetic THC, natural marijuana has many different cannabinoids that all work in different ways. THC is the main psychoactive one. I have not tried the pills because I live in a medical state but I hear most people don't like it.

I think that sativex will be better because it has THC and CBD, CBD is another one of the main cannabinoids and is not psychoactive. It is thought to provide more of the medical effects of cannabis. Sativex is also made from natural cannabis.

Because of the war on drugs it has been hard for research to take place, it's getting easier but we are way behind on studying this plant.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    I use it for depression and it works great. Without it, I dwell on all the things I can no longer do; with it, I think of something to do and then go do it.

Maranol or marijuana?
    c3/c4, injured 2007

I've never tried Marinol and have some questions about it. If marijuana has no medicinal purposes whatsoever (according to the federal government) then why does synthetic THC exist? I've heard it has undesirable side effects and in pill form you can't titrate the dose like you can by administrating it in other ways.

By the way, smoking is a convenient way to get the THC, but not the only way. I don't prefer smoking marijuana either. I much rather use a vaporizer where you are inhaling THC in vapor form and 0% smoke because the plant material isn't getting hot enough to combust. It's much healthier, tastes great, and just like smoking, the effects are felt within minutes. Edibles are wonderful, but the strength of them can be unpredictable.

for what it's worth, vaporizing tends to be the safest, healthiest, and most effective way in terms of pain suppression.

I know many people who can't handle smoking it normally (out of a pipe) but get relief from vaporizing.

My only concern for the people in this forum is that for spinal injuries, vaporizing might not be ENOUGH. Especially for people on heavy pain meds (especially oxy/morphine).

That being said, if it helps a bit, it is worth it. I think it can also help with the mental pain that many obviously experience.

Just throwing it out there. Someone a while back posted a link to a site with vaporizer reviews but its outdated. The one I found most informative/helpful was http://www.VaporizerReviewSource.com.

Hope this helps.

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    I use Medical Marijuanna for depression and find it works great.

Re States that don't allow MM. The trend is obvious. Someday.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

no connections here so havnt smoked in many months.

I did for a couple weeks after nine months of not smoking. before that had been smoking weed for years.

depending on the quality, It seemed beneficial. I didnt think it helped with pain, but after trying a medical grade, I have to agree that it worked very well for pain.

I have actually gained weight since stopping.

I miss it but my lungs are in better condition since stopping. I would opt for the pill because of that, but I enjoy smoking it.

tried the legal stuff. it affected me about like cass explains weed affects her, so I wonder if she got the fake stuff. It was terrible and I felt like I was going to die. it took a couple hours to feel ok again. I only did two hits and did not hold it in and the effect was suddenly horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN12many View Post
    I use Medical Marijuanna for depression and find it works great.

Re States that don't allow MM. The trend is obvious. Someday.
    ironically enough, Canada which has a federal Medicinal Marijuana program that the newly elected Conservative majority government has begun to erode Soon I won't be able to use my designated grower and will have to purchase from one of three federal providers, no doubt Big Pharma companies. But Big Pharma won't produce tinctures and butter, something people who have never smoked in their lives but now have MS really need.
    The ED of my Compassion Club dispensary was telling me they have many members who are female, 60+ in years who don't want to start smoking.

After rereading that paragraph I realize how silly it must appear to someone like jody who has to buy on the black market. Having your government ship your pot to you would seem like heaven.

well, I had a good connection for eight years until I moved. cant go around to strangers asking about where can I get some.

it helps most with spasms, and relieves nausea. less jerky movements in my legs, less clonus, and a little better balance. I did try marinal. it works well, but It made me more sleepy, and I had a slur now and then.