Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk seriously & realistically: Medical Marijuana

Banned

I concur

[QUOTE=diaspora;1329083]Hello all,

I have a question for all of you.

I see various posts of peoples horror stories as they get addicted to pharmaceuticals, as they are treated like junkies by doctors and people alike, as they are slipping deeper and deeper into addiction -- and the point of no return.

Why?

I am a paraplegic.

I have pain, spasms, depression (it comes n goes) and other issues I need medications for.

ALL of these problems are solved with medical marijuana. Why are you people not giving it a shot? why do you stick to what your doctors tell you and prescribe you?

DON'T buy your marijuana from the street. It will be bad and will give you a rather dilluted view of the drug.

Marijuana has never been more potent than it is today. There are 2 types:

#1) Indica
    Indica's are good for PAIN and SPASMS. For me, 1 joint immidiatly STOPS my spasms and allows me to easily cope with the pain.

#2) Sativa
    These are more racy. This strain is good for producitivty, anxiety, depression.

All you need will be covered by these two strains. You don't have to SMOKE it, either. You can DRINK IT in an alcohol or glycerin based tincture. You can EAT it by way of BUTTER or OLIVE OIL. You can VAPORIZE it and avoid the toxicity of smoke.

Why are you people hurting yourselves? set yourselves free. One smoke in the morning, and a cookie, and I have a really good and comfortable day. I then get home and smoke as needed. Sometimes I don't need it.

And it is a NATURAL plant.

All that you know about Marijuana is likely wrong. If it is GROWN properly and with appropriate GENETICS any non-believer, who is open minded enough to try, will be converted.

Ask your doctors, look up your "compassion centers" on google with your city name; you owe it to yourself to try.

We all just want to be comfortable and LIVE -- which is made hard by this crip life and all that goes with it
    Last edited by Ravyn71; 06-18-2011 at 03:37 AM. Reason: new and posted in the wrong place sorry guys

Banned
    I would like responses and don't mind debates

Banned

medical marijuana- which side are you on?

I totally agree the medications I am taking by prescription could harm or kill me. Not one death or overdose has ever occurred with medicinal marijuana nor has it caused anyone to commit suicide!!! unlike all these "manufactured medicines" I would much rather use one natural herbal medicine thats proven to be completely safe and helps many ailments rather than manufactured poisons lab created proven to cause addictions and other health problems..just my opinion!!

Banned

medical marijuana- which side are you on?

Oops sorrys
    Last edited by Ravyn71; 06-18-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: duplicate post

the problem its expensive and against the law, tenn. will take your home away for a few plants.............

Hello I'm about 5 months post T12 L1 incomplete. I have not smoked any pot because I'm not sure if it will interfere with my potential nerve recovery. Its seams to me that it would take energy away from ones body. After a couple of years post, probable would not make a difference. Any thoughts on this.

I hope I live long enough to see marijuana legalized for responsible use by adults. It makes me a lot happier and helps keep my mind off from how crappy I feel at times. It also makes watching television shows with your kids a lot more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Hello I'm about 5 months post T12 L1 incomplete. I have not smoked any pot because I'm not sure if it will interfere with my potential nerve recovery. Its seams to me that it would take energy away from ones body. After a couple of years post, probable would not make a difference. Any thoughts on this.
    I wouldn't take the chance; I think you're caution is warranted. When I was in rehab, there were five people there recovering from Guillain-Barré. The one fellow who hung out with us smoking his brains out recovered the least function of the five. Who knows whether this was because his damage was more severe, but I think you are wise to err on the side of caution

I have used medical marijuana for the last 3 years and while I will say it has helped with a lot of things I wouldn't say it will solve all your problems, I still take pain pills but not as many. I am lucky to live in a med state and be able to grow my own so the cost is low and I have had to give a lot away just to stay under the 24 oz limit. I would tell anyone to at least give it a shot, you only have to use a little bit to get medical benefits, you don't have to take 10 bong hits but even if you do, you will just fall asleep. In most states under a oz is a minor crime or even only a ticket.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn71 View Post
    I totally agree the medications I am taking by prescription could harm or kill me. Not one death or overdose has ever occurred with medicinal marijuana nor has it caused anyone to commit suicide!!! unlike all these "manufactured medicines" I would much rather use one natural herbal medicine thats proven to be completely safe and helps many ailments rather than manufactured poisons lab created proven to cause addictions and other health problems..just my opinion!!
    I hear people say "Not one death has occured" in conversations about MJ. I do not believe that statistic because you have to count all the deaths that have occured because of MVA's due to being stoned and murders due to drug deals gone bad, etc. It still alters the mind of the user. It effects different people in different ways. Just my thoughts!!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!