Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk seriously & realistically: Medical Marijuana

Ive been doing a lot of reading about Medical Marijuana since the Nov 2012 elections and I truly believe it would help with my neuropathic pain and spams. Also my frequent migraines.

I believe it helped me almost 30 years ago and didnt know it. Was going out with a friend on a friday night after work and started to get a migraine. Ive had migraines since before I was 10 y.o. and they are horrific. My friend convinced me to go out for a while so I did but said I probably wouldnt last 20 minutes before I had to bail and go home because I felt a migraine coming on. I had taken a few ibuprofen, as usual they didnt seem to be working. I declined getting a beer because I knew it would be a worse hell with alcohol and a migraine. So he decide to smoke some pot and I was reluctant to take any for the same reason as the alcohol. Well peer pressure got the best of me and I thought what the hell maybe getting stoned would make me fall asleep easier with the migraine. Within 10 minutes the pain started to diminish and within 30 the migraine was completely gone. THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. I chalked it up to a fluke. Now 30 years later I am convinced that the cannabis stopped the migraine. I have been suffering from sever migraines all these years and taking all sorts of drugs and having tests and relief was right in front of me.

Well it still does me no good since Im in Pa and wouldnt even know where to get any. But at least I can hope that someday soon there will be medical marijuana in Pa. and I can get off of the narcotics and other drugs and get some real relief. Ive been reading all I can on medical marijuana and writing my legislators.
    Last edited by JMD; 01-05-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    Ive been doing a lot of reading about Medical Marijuana since the Nov 2012 elections and I truly believe it would help with my neuropathic pain and spams. Also my frequent migraines.

I believe it helped me almost 30 years ago and didnt know it. Was going out with a friend on a friday night after work and started to get a migraine. Ive had migraines since before I was 10 y.o. and they are horrific. My friend convinced me to go out for a while so I did but said I probably wouldnt last 20 minutes before I had to bail and go home because I felt a migraine coming on. I had taken a few ibuprofen, as usual they didnt seem to be working. I declined getting a beer because I knew it would be a worse hell with alcohol and a migraine. So he decide to smoke some pot and I was reluctant to take any for the same reason as the alcohol. Well peer pressure got the best of me and I thought what the hell maybe getting stoned would make me fall asleep easier with the migraine. Within 10 minutes the pain started to diminish and within 30 the migraine was completely gone. THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. I chalked it up to a fluke. Now 30 years later I am convinced that the cannabis stopped the migraine. I have been suffering from sever migraines all these years and taking all sorts of drugs and having tests and relief was right in front of me.

Well it still does me no good since Im in Pa and wouldnt even know where to get any. But at least I can hope that someday soon there will be medical marijuana in Pa. and I can get off of the narcotics and other drugs and get some real relief. Ive been reading all I can on medical marijuana and writing my legislators.
    If I were in your shoes, I'd look seriously into the possibility of moving. If you have an immediate need, waiting for legislation is a long, long road.

My thoughts exactly. Just knowing that one State recognizes the need while your State obstinately clings to the past of prohibition must be infuriating.

I've always said I don't take a stand on recreational marijuana, but that I firmly endorse its availability for medical use. The problem with that is that, as I understand it, medical MJ use always left some sort of paper trail. When it's legal for recreational use, that allows people to avoid that potential problem if the feds decide to get annoying.

Moving isnt really an option at this time. I have one child finishing college this year and my youngest doesnt start until fall 2015. Uprooting a family and selling/buying houses combined with job hunting for my wife is a majort change. I am less than 30 miles from NJ which just started its medical marijuan program and I have family there. Ive been trying to see if there is any way I can claim a NJ resident while owning real estate in PA without breaking any laws. Maybe signing a lease with a relative but then the whole issue of a drivers liscense and filing tax returns to determine where my income should be taxed really complicates the matter.

I hear its good for Cancer Pain. Does anyone know, or maybe heard of stories that it may help. i believe people are now growing Marijuana at home in their Aero Garden.
    Last edited by debbier; 01-15-2013 at 09:34 PM.

juicing raw cannabis (marijuana) leaves

We were having a discussion about this yesterday afternoon.

(NaturalNews) Contrary to popular belief, the marijuana plant is a whole lot more than just a psychoactive drug that "stoners" use to get high. In raw form, marijuana leaves and buds are actually loaded with a non-psychoactive, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer nutrient compound known as cannabidiol (CBD) that is proving to be a miracle "superfood" capable of preventing and reversing a host of chronic illnesses

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035759_ca...#ixzz2I6jA5wm4

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post

I agree. Any claim that marijuana doesn't have medical value is bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post

Thanks, Wow very interesting to know Juice raw Marijuana leaves and buds. Its very easy to get it here in NY. I would like to try it for my back pain. I wonder how much I would need to make a drink out of it. Hmmmm , Really good info
    Thanks Again

I no longer smoke because of the stigma attached to it. Doe's it help? Yes