Thread: Which is the best Tens/Ems machine?

Which is the best Tens/Ems machine?

Need to buy one asap, and I rather get feedback from people who have used gotten results.
    I do like Johnny Walker says and Keep Walking

I use an EMPI 300, most of the patients at the SCI program I go to get them. It also has a TENS unit. I would strongly advise that you get trained on its use. It also requires a prescription from the doctor.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Cool, i can get the script tomorrow or monday...outta curiosity I take it your a therapist?

I tried a TENS unit and it did absolutely nothing for my neuropathic pain. I guess everyone is different (and you may be using it for other purposes) when it comes to dealing with pain and treatment modalities. But, I for one, can not recommend this type of treatment or any specific unit.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I tried a TENS unit and it did absolutely nothing for my neuropathic pain. I guess everyone is different (and you may be using it for other purposes) when it comes to dealing with pain and treatment modalities. But, I for one, can not recommend this type of treatment or any specific unit.

All the best,
    GJ
    I should have included in my post....
    You should meet with a therapist who is expert with this type of pain management and try various machines to determine which one works best for the type of pain with which you are trying to manage. Once you have success with a particular unit, then have the therapist write a script for that machine to be covered by your insurance or medicare/medicaid.

All the best,
    GJ

I'll be using it in rehab in helping re-train the muscles around both shoulders, and both arms.

Quote Originally Posted by tritro2085 View Post
    I'll be using it in rehab in helping re-train the muscles around both shoulders, and both arms.
    It is how I used mine as well. The tens component helps the pain, the Estim helped open and shut my clentched hand.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

tens

I use a Arista 2000. I have had it for awhile got it first for my knee surgery and now since I broke my back and have neuropothy in my feet I have more use than ever.

It helps with my back it feels good and stimulates the muscles especially at insicion side. As for my feet at the present I can't stand to put the tens pads on and try to stimulate. I am using a water foot massager for my feet and that gives me a little relief.

Anything is worth the try, hope it helps you, I am only 3 1/2 mo post injury and I am hoping my nerve cells are just growing slowly. The minute I broke my back my neuropothy started ugg...

Good luck to you
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

cool, i need to work on wrist tenodesis

I use a Compex Sport Elite. The one from Europe is MUCH BETTER!! It has 3-4 times the functions of the North American Model. I should purchased it from Europe. I did try the Compex Sport in France and it was perfect. It really helped with sore muscles and increasing muscle mass.
    Never Give Up!