Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best Wheelchair?

Best Wheelchair?

I am getting a new wheelchair soon and would like to get some ideas. The Q7 was recomended but it just looks so BLAH!
    Keep your butt dry!

Quote Originally Posted by friedgreenpea View Post
    I am getting a new wheelchair soon and would like to get some ideas. The Q7 was recomended but it just looks so BLAH!
    Curious, what do you use now? Also, is the insurance company buying this or you? Insurance companies generally restrict purchases to certain coded chairs, so this could limit the list.

Those that usually are mentioned are:
    TiLite - Aero Z, ZRA, ZR and TR
    Top End (By Invacare) - Crossfire T6 and Crossfire Terminator

The Aero Z and Crossfire T6,are aluminum and insurance companies would probably accept those. The others are Titanium.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I don't think there is one 'best' wheelchair as it all down to: why you need (level of SCI, SB etc)? Rigid or Folding? is weight an issue? is price an issue? do you want a fixed frame or an adjustable? etc.

Admittedly not all chairs are created equal for example: the Marvel M1 was everyone darling when it first came out but then many owners realised it was flawed. The ZR/ZRA had been a long time forum favourite until 'Series 2' came out along with a number of teething problems, which are now hopefully being cured. The Q7 got lots of attention when it was launched but not many people bought it.

Just my 2 cents. I am ordering my 10th (not sure, can't remember that far back) chair since 1983 and am getting a Q7. IMHO the best out there.

Don't understand what you mean by looks BLAH??

q7 has flaws to.the one that gets my concern the most is the "110degree front-end" posted somewhere in this forum.that was absurd.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Demo, demo, demo
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Beagle View Post
    Just my 2 cents. I am ordering my 10th (not sure, can't remember that far back) chair since 1983 and am getting a Q7. IMHO the best out there.

Don't understand what you mean by looks BLAH??
    110 degree Q7

it is an EXCEPTIONAL case...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

it is an EXCEPTIONAL case...
    I remember when that thread at the top of the page.
    1 - have trouble believing it AND
    2 - What happened to the operators feet!?!

i wouldnt shit on a q7. colours, ti, topend. it was recommended because its mass produced and the dme makes more.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I got a Q7 to use as a backup for my Tilite ZRA 15 months ago and have not touched the ZRA since! I am very happy with the Q7, very easy on my shoulders, no problems as of yet. No two chairs are alike and everyone has different requirements as well as economic concerns regarding whether you are purchasing yourself or through insurance.