Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Smoking/Vaporizing Marijuana

Smoking/Vaporizing Marijuana

Any ventilator patients into smoking/vaporizing marijuana? I've been smoking the pipe for almost 10 years now. The heavy smoke is starting to take effect on my lungs. I am on a ventilator with a tracheostomy. I am able to inhale through my mouth and get enough smoke to get nice and high. Obviously, I'm looking to explore and experimenting with vaporizers to ease the burden on my lungs.

I'm not interested in talking about ethics or politics just tips and/or procedures. Is anyone interested in discussing ways to get the sweet smoke/vapor into my lungs? Let's discuss!

I'm not on a ventilator but I love my vaporizer. It's a different high. What's stopping you? Should be eating it as well considering the ventilator.

Blog Entries
    Baked in a brownie was the highest I ever got.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

do you have any recipes, specifically that worked well for you?

In what ways is the high different? It seems that on the vapor you need a long slow draw which I can't seem to get on the ventilator.

In desperation I considered this for my husband's severe neuro pain, but some people here said they did not get relief and it even intensified the pain.
    He has a tracheostomy and uses a vent at night or if needs a rest.
    It is not legal in our state.
    I am not opposed to it and believe it should be legalized, but we did not use it before.

Blog Entries
    We used to use 1 tsp per brownie, but it varies by the quality. Once the marijuana kicks in, it continues to put more THC into your system. I didn't find it relaxing at all, and felt that I had to keep moving to avoid a panic attack. If I was outside going for a hike, the walk was filled with amazement at the things I encountered - due to the changes in the way I perceived normally unsurprising situations.

I've only smoked a couple of times since I got crippled, and I no longer enjoy it - my body seems to resent the fact that most of it does not work any more.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by grpj View Post
    do you have any recipes, specifically that worked well for you?
    The best way is to make a batch o canna-butter and then substitute the CB for butter or oil in any recipe.

Lots of recipes on the net, but here's what works for me.

About an ounce of shake per pound of butter. - No need to use bud, I get shake (trimmings) from a designated grower for free.

Put coarsely ground shake in a crockpot with about a cup of butter and water per ounce of shake.
    Slow cook for 24-36 hours, stirring occasionally.
    While still warm, strain and/or squeeze out the butter and water from the shake.
    Refrigerate until the butter hardens and separates from the water. Then pour off the water.

Freeze or refrigerate the butter until use. Use it as mentioned as a subsititute for butter or oil in any recipe.

Be careful at first until you get the dosage figured out as it does vary and the shit will mess you up if you eat too much and aren't expecting it.

Works great for pain and spasticity but it can aggravate hypotension issues.

I also use a tincture daily for spasticity. It's good for daily use as it's side effects are barely noticeable at effective dosage levels.

Good luck,
    Jeff
    Doh!

Smokings bad, what you want to do is make a tincture and then you can mix it in food or drink if you have a feeding tube you can just squrt it down that.
    It's really easy to make, you need some high proof alcohol, eather 151 or 190 if you can get it. You then take you bud and kinda corse grind it and put it in a jar and then put just enough alcohol to cover the bud, then you let it sit for a day or so.
    Then you want to strain the alcohol out, I use a metal coffee filter for this and you should end up with some green alcohol that is called tincture.
    I put mine in little dropper bottle and usually it takes two or three droppers worth to get me where I want to be.
    I know it seems like a big process but its way better than gaging on smoke.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

I use a volcano vapourizer. They aren't cheap but it works well for me and I have similar respiratory issues, jrpg. I didn't order mine from this site but found it in a local store.

Besides brownies, it can be baked into pretty much anything: cookies, banana bread, omelettes, etc. I usually consume it baked into food and it works well for me. A friend and I have recently been experimenting with making some weed wine as well and our first batch has been fermenting for the past few weeks. Not sure how it turn out but there are a ton of interesting recipes online that might give you some good ideas of alternate uses. Google is your friend.
    Last edited by orangejello; 02-23-2011 at 07:00 PM.