Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Your OWN Show on Oprah Winfrey's Cable Show

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Yeah I think he'll make it funny & interesting. So glad he's getting his own show!

  2. #12
    Fantastic! Yeah Zach! I do think Oprah's concern was legitimate (as opposed to prejudging disability) because of the tail end of the day when Zach was sick and had low energy - and his crew was worried about his performance. But, he ultimately did a great job which demonstrated that he does have the stamina to succeed - which is why he was awarded the show.

    I love Oprah's critique too - Zach is about so much more than laughs. I hope he brings some of his softer, people-connection side to the show. He probably will, when he has more than 3 1/2 minutes.

    I'm so happy for him. Can't wait to see the show.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by loreo View Post
    Fantastic! Yeah Zach! I do think Oprah's concern was legitimate (as opposed to prejudging disability) because of the tail end of the day when Zach was sick and had low energy - and his crew was worried about his performance. But, he ultimately did a great job which demonstrated that he does have the stamina to succeed - which is why he was awarded the show.

    I love Oprah's critique too - Zach is about so much more than laughs. I hope he brings some of his softer, people-connection side to the show. He probably will, when he has more than 3 1/2 minutes.

    I'm so happy for him. Can't wait to see the show.

    I might have been looking at it wrong. I was thinking it was scripted for him to act sick, weak to add to the show. Because he didn't really look that sick to me. I was getting upset that they would script someone in a chair to be weaker. Like just because you know they are. kwim?

  4. #14
    I don't think any of the show was scripted. I think that in editing they can make things appear a certain way, but Zack did speak to his cold in his solo camera talk, and in answering the question in which he said that it was really physically demanding. You may be right, but I hate to think that Oprah, who seems to pride her network on authenticity (i.e. wishing Kristina had acknowledged she knew her friend), would allow misrepresentation.

    Maybe I'm being too generous, but I don't think the question about Zach's health was present at all - for anyone, until he went low energy.

    Ultimately, Zach proved himself as deserving. I think it'll be a big hit. I'll be watching.

    If you like him, you should check out The Wingmen on Youtube.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by loreo View Post
    I don't think any of the show was scripted. I think that in editing they can make things appear a certain way, but Zack did speak to his cold in his solo camera talk, and in answering the question in which he said that it was really physically demanding. You may be right, but I hate to think that Oprah, who seems to pride her network on authenticity (i.e. wishing Kristina had acknowledged she knew her friend), would allow misrepresentation.

    Maybe I'm being too generous, but I don't think the question about Zach's health was present at all - for anyone, until he went low energy.

    Ultimately, Zach proved himself as deserving. I think it'll be a big hit. I'll be watching.

    If you like him, you should check out The Wingmen on Youtube.

    I think reality shows are scripted too. Just me and I certainly can be wrong. Thanks I'll ck it out.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    I don't understand what The Wingmen have to do with Zach?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    I don't understand what The Wingmen have to do with Zach?
    He is a member of a comedy troupe that makes the wingmen. He writes and stars in it. It is pre-Oprah.

    I was reading an article where Zach talks a little about his experience on OWN: http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in...h-winfrey-show

  8. #18
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by loreo View Post
    He is a member of a comedy troupe that makes the wingmen. He writes and stars in it. It is pre-Oprah.

    I was reading an article where Zach talks a little about his experience on OWN: http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in...h-winfrey-show

    I had no idea. Cool! I'll ck the link out. Thanks!!! Mona

  9. #19
    This article focuses mostly on the other winner, but there's a blurb and a preview video for "Rollin' with Zach" at the end. I hope this catches on.

    http://www.people.com/people/article...544692,00.html

Similar Threads

  1. Wheelchair guy aims for NEW Oprah show
    By CowboyCrip in forum Life
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 06:47 AM
  2. Oprah Ending Show in 2011 To Focus on Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)
    By Mona~on~wheels in forum Movies & Music
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 12:57 AM
  3. Possible TV Show
    By professirx in forum Life
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 07:04 AM
  4. Dana Reeve on Oprah Show
    By Hawknest in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •