Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_goodson View Post
    yall have a great day of fishing for sure would love to trout fish
    Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    Iv always wanted to try tying flies. Im beading a fly, but havnt tried to fish with it.
    lovely pictures, it looks like it was a perfect day too.
    You guys pack your bags and come on up!

Jody we moved in further along in May to the Memorial Day weekend because we have had some nasty rainy cold days in early May. It didn't seem to affect the trout at all.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I absolutely love fishing, have done ever since I was about eight or nine years old. When I had my accident back in 1986 I really thought that the days of angling were over, I thought it would be absolutely impossible for me to hold a fishing rod, let alone use a reel. Anyway, after quite a lot of thoughts and experimentation I finally got back into my favourite hobby and haven't looked back.

For anybody in my position who may be wondering how they can hold a fishing rod securely then check my website out, it may give you a few tips on how you can modify your fishing rod and equipment.

http://www.tetraplegicliving.com/whe...ing-my-hobbies

I have done some lake-pond-and riverbank fishing post injury. Not a lot here in Carolina where it is so hot in the long summer. However, none of it was as enjoyable as penetrating the brush lined mountain creeks around the family farm and bringing home a batch of native brook trout. Some of the creeks that were good fishing are now dried up due to climate change.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

so, I went fishing today. I lost two fish because I was trying to snell my hooks, and it didnt hold. I had a tiny light rod and there were catfish on the end. I have never lost fish because of my knot, but the second one, I packed up, all my rigs for the day were done about the same way. Anyone know how to explaint a good knot for the hook that will hold? I am using round hooks. I got many bites with my silly improvised rig, but the catfish undid the snell, while it held for trout, crappie, blue gill, and a nice size perch.
    the catfish loved my rig the most though. I managed to bring two in, but barely.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    so, I went fishing today. I lost two fish because I was trying to snell my hooks, and it didnt hold. I had a tiny light rod and there were catfish on the end. I have never lost fish because of my knot, but the second one, I packed up, all my rigs for the day were done about the same way. Anyone know how to explaint a good knot for the hook that will hold? I am using round hooks. I got many bites with my silly improvised rig, but the catfish undid the snell, while it held for trout, crappie, blue gill, and a nice size perch.
    the catfish loved my rig the most though. I managed to bring two in, but barely.
    This is what I use Jody........

http://www.fishandfly.co.uk/knots/tuckedhalf/index.html

...... don't forget to lubricate the line with spit before pulling the knot tight.

PS It says it's a fly fishing knot but I use it for any eyed hook.
    Last edited by Timaru; 06-21-2012 at 06:59 PM.

thank you. I used a round hook, orange, yellow and green glass beads, with split pea shot between each bead, and a barrel swivel, at line end. with a worm. the worm hopped around in a funny way, and the catfish went nuts for it. pictures soon.

its been to dang hot to fish here might try to fish late this afternoon

fished this afternoon bout 30 min caught one bass about 6 inch long lol

as long as your having fun... a bad day fishing/hunting is better than a good day watching tv.

My youngest boy & I went fishing & crabbing today - caught our limit of red rock crab, a couple of bullheads & nothing else. Cooking the crab now