Thread: Invacare Top End Terminator

Invacare Top End Terminator

I think I might already figured this out, but here goes. I have an Invacare Top End Terminator with a 20" width. Is there any way to make that 18" or 19" inches wide? I figure the answer is no, but I just thought I'd throw that out there so that the masses may heap their ridicule.

With that said, do you know of someone or a DME who might want to swap the frame for an 18" or 19" inch?

The frame is just too wide for me.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by douglastneidermeyer View Post
    I think I might already figured this out, but here goes. I have an Invacare Top End Terminator with a 20" width. Is there any way to make that 18" or 19" inches wide? I figure the answer is no, but I just thought I'd throw that out there so that the masses may heap their ridicule.

With that said, do you know of someone or a DME who might want to swap the frame for an 18" or 19" inch?

The frame is just too wide for me.

Thank you.
    Speak with your DME for send it back to the factory for reduce the wide,
    You would need a new camber tube, a new footrest and cut the under seat crossbar tube and weld a narrower new one, your uphostery need to be modify too, so there are a lot of things to do, but of course not impossible.

Terminator is the titanium one right?i'm not sure if they would want to, but to my knowledge, tilite wouldnt.if it's a crossfire, that may be a different case, since if invacare wouldnt want to do it, u have other options for that matter.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

like toto said, not impossible. If that is the route you are going to take you would still need a "temp" chair, I assume. You could rent or demo a chair from your local DME while your chair is being modified.
    What I would do (without knowing your chair specs other than the width) is check out the possibility of replacing your chair with a cheap alternative such as the available 18" wide used TiLite chairs listed on eBay. There's a TR, ZR and ZRa on there right now - all good chairs for around or less than $1000.
    Maybe the best thing first is to contact Invacare directly and inquire about them manufacturing a replacement frame with upholstery to exchange with yours once it's ready. Doubtful they'll want your old frame, but worth checking into- even just for a quote on a new frame.

Congrats on losing weight post-SCI!!! Whoever measured you for your chair likely assumed you would gain weight and spec'd your chair wider than necessary (a common practice). I recently switched to a thinner chair, it's so nice getting in tighter spots and through smaller doorways than you used to.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    like toto said, not impossible. If that is the route you are going to take you would still need a "temp" chair, I assume. You could rent or demo a chair from your local DME while your chair is being modified.
    What I would do (without knowing your chair specs other than the width) is check out the possibility of replacing your chair with a cheap alternative such as the available 18" wide used TiLite chairs listed on eBay. There's a TR, ZR and ZRa on there right now - all good chairs for around or less than $1000.
    Maybe the best thing first is to contact Invacare directly and inquire about them manufacturing a replacement frame with upholstery to exchange with yours once it's ready. Doubtful they'll want your old frame, but worth checking into- even just for a quote on a new frame.

Congrats on losing weight post-SCI!!! Whoever measured you for your chair likely assumed you would gain weight and spec'd your chair wider than necessary (a common practice). I recently switched to a thinner chair, it's so nice getting in tighter spots and through smaller doorways than you used to.

Good luck.
    same here.i went from 18" to 15".it's awesome...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    18" to 15" here too. my new chair has no push handles for people to bump me up stairs so today I spent some time in my 18" ZRa at a friends home. Going back to 18" it felt like a loveseat compared to my 15" magnesium Lasher.
    I feel like punching the idiot who spec'd my ZRa right in the throat. Fucking C6 quad OTR should know better...

Good luck.
    Thanks Tooley. I banged my heart up pretty good during my accident. I recently had it "fixed" which means I can now resume a normal exercise routine.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    But to a guy, losing three inches is devasting!

18" to 15" here too. my new chair has no push handles for people to bump me up stairs so today I spent some time in my 18" ZRa at a friends home. Going back to 18" it felt like a loveseat compared to my 15" magnesium Lasher.
    I feel like punching the idiot who spec'd my ZRa right in the throat. Fucking C6 quad OTR should know better...
    I like you're style Tooley. I DO have a six year old TiLite 18" wide chair. It's a bit long in the tooth and I could use a cushion upgrade because this cushion stinks, as in stinks.
    My DME told me that I need to pay my 20% insurance deductible AND they said my insurance company was attempting to charge an "upgrade" fee on the cushion and over because it's a TiLite.

Does that sound correct?