Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please confirm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Please confirm

that Wise's trial is for chronics. I want to be clear to a firend who is insistent on Wise's trial is not for chronics. He says that Stem Cell Inc is the only player starting trials for chronics.

Thanks in advance
    keeping on

Keeping on, I believe some therapies will have restorative function when you have over 1,000,000 posts. Keep on...
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

With all the threads about ChinaSCINet and their work, your question has been answered many times keeping on. Is for chronics.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

thanks Isadur; just confirmation my friend

keeping on

seriously?

Anyways... Go to clinicaltrials.gov, look up the trial and see all the eligibility requirements

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/sh...injury&rank=19
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

lunascic, thank you. Iwas looking for direct confirmation of the chornic nature of the trial. I can give this to my contact and put the argument to rest between us. thanks again. by the way I wanted more confirmation of this and not just me. this will work just fine.

keeping on

dumb question but i dont no what does chronic and acute injury mean? im a new injury and havent heard this before thanks for your help in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by blairc7 View Post
    dumb question but i dont no what does chronic and acute injury mean? im a new injury and havent heard this before thanks for your help in advance!
    acute means very recently injured.

chronic means you have been injured for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    acute means very recently injured.

chronic means you have been injured for a while.
    so im in my 7th month what am i considered?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blairc7 View Post
    so im in my 7th month what am i considered?
    you are officially chronic. there is hope. dr wise young, dr stephen davies and the company geron are working on therapies that hopefully will help people with spinal cord injuries.

dr young has actually already started clinical trials on humans with "chronic" spinal cord injuries.

geron has also started human clinical trials but they are only accepting "acute" injuries.

there is hope where once there wasnt.