Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: my pc

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I decided to do a Google search for "whole house surge protectors." I found a whole home search protector on Amazon
    The Intematic was once sold in Home Depot. For some reason, they and Lowes both started selling Cutler-Hammer (Eaton). Popular in alt.home.automation discussions is Leviton. To have protection without harming X-10 and other remote control signals.

Any electrical supply house will also carry them.

Moving on to more information. Earthing a 'whole house' protector is your secondary protection layer. Every protection layer is defined by the only item that does protection. Every homeowner should also inspect what provides the primary protection layer. A picture of what to inspect:
    http://www.tvtower.com/fpl.html

westom, thanks for the information/feedback. Also, can you please fill in your profile?
    Last edited by PN; 03-26-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by westom View Post
    The Intematic was once sold in Home Depot. For some reason, they and Lowes both started selling Cutler-Hammer (Eaton). Popular in alt.home.automation discussions is Leviton. To have protection without harming X-10 and other remote control signals.

Any electrical supply house will also carry them.

Moving on to more information. Earthing a 'whole house' protector is your secondary protection layer. Every protection layer is defined by the only item that does protection. Every homeowner should also inspect what provides the primary protection layer. A picture of what to inspect:
    http://www.tvtower.com/fpl.html
    it's still hard for me to grasp, that a few rods and a protection system for 50 bucks could save homeowners thousands over the years, why haven't the electrical codes mandated this for new homes?

and again, thanks for the info you're providing, i'm still having a hard time grasping grounding the two phase hot wires coming into the house
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan