Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    I thought popcorn was good for you?
    It is! has lots of fibre, some protein, vitamins and minerals and yes, carbs but they are whole grain carbs and healthier than many snack choices.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    It is! has lots of fibre, some protein, vitamins and minerals and yes, carbs but they are whole grain carbs and healthier than many snack choices.

Thanks Emi! Plus I don't use salt.
    btw the paper sack in the mw is working great!

You use the paper bags with no butter or margarine? My microwave is one of the tiny ones, and the mini bags we buy never pop right. Do you think the paper bag will work in it? We have to buy the expensive mini size because the regular size is too big to turn in the microwave.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    You use the paper bags with no butter or margarine? My microwave is one of the tiny ones, and the mini bags we buy never pop right. Do you think the paper bag will work in it? We have to buy the expensive mini size because the regular size is too big to turn in the microwave.
    It should work, just throw a handful of kernels in an unwaxed brown bag, fold the top over a couple times and microwave until the popping slows down to about 2 seconds between pops. Takes 1:30 on our microwave but your microwave may vary.
    Butter and salt it after, or use those popcorn flavour shakers, yummy!
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Every Friday night we make popcorn. I got tired of butter and salt so I started using those flavor shakers- then that got old too (and expensive).

So now I make one of these: chili powder; olive oil and Italian herbs; Jamaican Jerk seasoning; Cinnamon and Truvia and sometimes, just pepper. Keeps it interesting and yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRing View Post
    So now I make one of these: chili powder; olive oil and Italian herbs; Jamaican Jerk seasoning; Cinnamon and Truvia and sometimes, just pepper.
    I will try this for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    It should work, just throw a handful of kernels in an unwaxed brown bag, fold the top over a couple times and microwave until the popping slows down to about 2 seconds between pops. Takes 1:30 on our microwave but your microwave may vary.
    Butter and salt it after, or use those popcorn flavour shakers, yummy!

That's what I do now. I have a small $40 microwave T & works really good.