Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is there any trial or treatment for our kind of injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Jody, I agree, and I believe what you might be thinking of is the Kerr D. study http://www.hopkins-ice.org/neuro/int/kerr.html a complicated animal study, involving several arrays of; hESC, growth factors, ‘luring chemicals’ to attract nerve growth in/from the bigger muscles on lab animals hind limbs. This combination study in fact - as I see it - plowed the cure understanding of combination therapies on sci - pity though, none lab’s seams capable on replicating this or focusing on it (very complicated and expensive, few can do this), although most scientists probably deep down think it is cool. But then again, what is cool sci efforts?
    good artical, that can fit into what Im asking, leif, but it was a reply from Dr Wise about certain procedures being used in other countries and it had to do with how the cells were injected, and kept alive, and that one way would cause the cells to collect at the bottom of the cauda equina instead of very high up where they were intended to be. I wonder though if a person were injured there, would the stem cells know what to do? if the cells do collect in the cauda equina, do the die and cause meningitis? or a cyst, or do they just get resorbed by the body. my damage was caused by swelling, so everything is intact, but scarring, and sometimes I get a puffy pocket over and on both sides of my spine below injury at L5s1. fluid. is that where the cells would end up hanging out? if so, would the cells know there was an injury and rebuild it? or just sit in there and rot?

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    medic1, what is this si belt? balance is an issue for me also due to one sided weakness.
    its the entire side, 1
    hand too, so gripping crutches and canes is difficult. I use the heftier trekking poles with the wide loops that go over your hands. I have stability probs at the waist though, spasticity, and spasms that affect balance. I ask though because my si ligaments were torn on one side and there is movement in my pelvis that cause some balance issues. I google, but see nothing. is there a brand?
    The belt I am usig is a Serola SI belt.

http://www.serola.net/New-Belt/serol...iac-belts.html

I have used a couple other ones and this one is by far the best one . To see if something like this would help with you, try to walk while u put a little pressure on the outside of your hips. Watch the video and see where it is placed. You wear it against your skin. It is breathable and does not cause skin irritation. its not bulky and can be worn under clotes. It is relatively cheap.

My problem was that everthing was so tight in my hip area. When I went to physical threapy and got stretched out to relieve the pain, my hips became like jello. This belt keeps the hips alligned allowiing for the stretching and exercise to keep the hips loose but gives you support when you walk so u dont lose your balance. Without it I was walking like I was drunk.

If you are ordering through ins you have to have a script. Make sure they put the exact Serola SI belt on it otherwise you are likely to end up with one of the cheap ones with metal links on them and they are not comfortable.

Any good news for lumbar injury patients regarding treatment or still wait of years?

I have Cauda Equina Syndrome, from a ruptured L4/5 and delayed surgery. I wonder if anyone knows how successful stem cell therapy is for spinal injuries. Of course the woman I met with was very certain that it would help, but I realize that she is trying to see her very expensive services.

Quote Originally Posted by LoisB View Post
    I have Cauda Equina Syndrome, from a ruptured L4/5 and delayed surgery. I wonder if anyone knows how successful stem cell therapy is for spinal injuries. Of course the woman I met with was very certain that it would help, but I realize that she is trying to see her very expensive services.
    May I ask who was the woman that you consulted with?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    May I ask who was the woman that you consulted with?
    Yes, that would be good, because if you're new to all of this then you need to be careful of "stem cell tourism."

I've been in a position before, where $30,000 would apparently make me walk again - of course, it's all a lie, no trials or double blind safety studies or anything to verify their BS.

Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    Yes, that would be good, because if you're new to all of this then you need to be careful of "stem cell tourism."

I've been in a position before, where $30,000 would apparently make me walk again - of course, it's all a lie, no trials or double blind safety studies or anything to verify their BS.
    This.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

It looks no hope for incomplete lumbosacral injuries 😩😩