Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard, how are you holding up?

Richard, how are you holding up?

Just want you to know that I"m thinking of you, I think of you often. I hope that you are coming to terms and finding as peace as you can at this very early stage. xoxo - ami

Hi, Ami
    I'll PM or something.

Thinking of you also Richard.

Hope you are doing ok and thinking of you, Richard.

I PM'd Ami, but I copied it into her "SCI for dummies" page for you Linda.

For public consumption -
    It is very hard, and there are constant (many times a day) reminders of what was and what might have been. Even now, after 5 weeks, going through the grocery store is painful and tear-provoking. A friend, who lost his wife to cancer 10 years ago, told me to expect a bad year. It's hard to get motivated to do things, as one's life becomes centered about the other.
    But it is nice to have access to you cyber-friends. I'm sort of an anomaly on CC now, but maybe I can still help a little here & there.
    - Rchard
    Last edited by rfbdorf; 02-14-2011 at 12:04 AM.

in cyberland, chairs, or the lack thereof, kinda fades.
    you are in my thoughts as well, hope you are getting by ok
    Last edited by jody; 02-14-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Red face

I have also been thinking of you, just can't imagine how different it must be. Like taking the color from our sky. After 10 years of 24/7 caregiving I just can't imagine. It has been encouraging to me to see your occassional post, thank you for staying with us.
    Reading Linda's post the other night about the agony of decisions and the stark lonliness at the end of the day-god, the isolation of our roles is sometimes so daunting. I've sometimes wondered how hard it would be to miss the color of the sky. Deb

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    I PM'd Ami, but I copied it into her "SCI for dummies" page for you Linda.

For public consumption -
    It is very hard, and there are constant (many times a day) reminders of what was and what might have been. Even now, after 5 weeks, going through the grocery store is painful and tear-provoking. A friend, who lost his wife to cancer 10 years ago, told me to expect a bad year. It's hard to get motivated to do things, as one's life becomes centered about the other.
    But it is nice to have access to you cyber-friends. I'm sort of an anomaly on CC now, but maybe I can still help a little here & there.
    - Rchard
    You are anything but an anomaly here Richard. I know what you mean, but there are many, many people here who care about you, think about you, and wish you the healing that comes with time, although never easily. You are part of the CCC family, and nothing can ever change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    You are anything but an anomaly here Richard. I know what you mean, but there are many, many people here who care about you, think about you, and wish you the healing that comes with time, although never easily. You are part of the CCC family, and nothing can ever change that.

I second that. I don't know you very well, but what you have contributed here has been invaulable and all the people here are extremely grateful; you will always be a part of this place.

WG

I think of you often, too, Richard, and always read your posts with gratitude for your kindness, generosity, wisdom and helpfulness. Blessings to you.