Thread: spinal cord stimulator?

Question spinal cord stimulator?

I'm hoping for some info. from those who have or did have the SCS. I have seizures & recently, I had a sz which I hadn't had in almost 3 yrs. I saw (not in the company info) that the TENS which I've been using for 5 months, is not supposed to be used by those w/ seizures. Dr. is pushing the SCS & the last thing I need is a sz w/ a SCS.

Any info. would be appreciated!

Grail, I am having the SCS (Boston Scientific) procedure done at the Cleveland Clinic Spine Institute on October 10, 2011. I had to take a 300 plus question test and met with a Pshycologist before even being considered for the SCS. They are very clear that if a person is a diabetic or suffers from seizures, you won't qualify for the procedure. I have read a large amount of people that complain about certain brands of SCS's and Boston Scientific has a very good track record. The biggest problem I am seeing is that most people with bad experiences didn't follow the strict directions and end up with problems. My rookie advice to you is to call Boston Scientific. NO, they won't try to sell the product. They don't make the decision. However, I doubt you would qualify with your current medical condition. Good luck.
    Last edited by OhioBioHaz; 09-17-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: needed to add more info.

OhioBio!

I have looked into this after being denied for the DREZ by my insurance company. Please let us all know the results and cost. I may have insurance that would cover it all or a portion, I suspect only a portion.
    Last edited by Garyis; 09-19-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

search/read about these, much has been written about how they work, or not, and the associated permanent complications such as no MRIs again and potential myelogram complications.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Go back in my post's and you'll find where I ask about it. I had several responses about it last year and decided against one.

Thanks Bollefin for this; "search/read about these, much has been written about how they work, or not, and the associated permanent complications such as no MRIs again and potential myelogram complications."

I have researched and got the literature and DVD from SCS, but I missed the parts that you list above. The no MRI's makes it a no for me because I have other problems where MRI's in the future will be necessary for good diagnosis.

And Duge's words; "Go back in my post's and you'll find where I ask about it. I had several responses about it last year and decided against one."

It is a no for me too.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Knoe they work for some, but mine lost efficacy very quickly, wasn't told about the MRI issue and they often/ usually can't take it out. big mistake on my part
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

I had one for a year in 1986-1987. Position was revised three times, then it was removed. Never helped. They couldn't push it above injury site due to scarring. Apparently, there is now an SCS that can be implanted in the neck.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.