Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors pushes forward with Regeneration Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I don't agree with that. Their mission has always been about 'translational research.'

There is nothing to translate at the moment!
    I hear you, I don't agree.... but we could discuss about that... it's a bit late here, so I'll come back to you in a day or two.. or we could talk on skype about that ;-)

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Need of time to bring something soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnifer
    It all comes back to seeing something from researchers and so far, that doesn't exist
    Bullseye. But I don't point a finger at researchers. Repairing the damaged spinal cord is a daunting challenge, so far it seems to have eluded the best and brightest.

The big problem may be that after decades of nothing translational, funding may be imperiled, especially from government sources that are in the cut-back mode.

Exactly.
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

I don't agree with that. Their mission has always been about 'translational research.'

There is nothing to translate at the moment i.e. bring to market.
    Lynnifer, that is utter BS! You cant make such a hollow statement like that!

There is LOADS of basic science to translate but insufficient focus in translating it. The social, economic and environmental issues that dictate this focus have already been discussed many times on this forum.

Maybe you misunderstand the definition of translational science?

where in the hell are we in this disaster. We need results form geron and wise as to success or not of their therapes. We need them soon and we need clear results. Dr Davies hasw come back into the picutre and the posts have been positve, This dr Xiao has now enter ed the piture again and now is talking 50 years. I'm telling you guys, we're --cked untila trial show somethign and these people coming out of nowhere are put to sleep; mayybe by stem cells.

keeping on

It all comes back to seeing something from researchers and so far, that doesn't exist.
    In Canada and by RHI you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Lynnifer, that is utter BS! You cant make such a hollow statement like that!

Maybe you misunderstand the definition of translational science?
    Perhaps you'll explain your definition of translational science then? To me, after almost 26yrs, it means something close to being applied to humans ... I'm rusty on my science ... but I don't see anyone even close?

Leif - as someone recently said on CareCure, 'save your keystrokes.' You're the criticizer I was talking about and just when I'm getting my motivation back for this stuff, I don't need you bringing me down. Sorry but that's how it is. No soup for you - NEXT!

And I unintentionally lied. I saw the opportunity for the Rick Hansen Relay for October 2012, retracing his path across Canada. I have opted to be selected for the relay. It's a small goal as I've been not well the past couple of years and have been worried I was on the down-slide. It will by my 40th birthday that month. I hope I have the chance to participate. The guy could do nothing for the rest of his life as he already changed my world. Sorry you were not here to witness life in the 80's in a wheelchair, because from where I sat as a 13yr old, my world completely changed.

Sorry - back on topic.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Perhaps you'll explain your definition of translational science then? To me, after almost 26yrs, it means something close to being applied to humans ... I'm rusty on my science ... but I don't see anyone even close?

Leif - as someone recently said on CareCure, 'save your keystrokes.' You're the criticizer I was talking about and just when I'm getting my motivation back for this stuff, I don't need you bringing me down. Sorry but that's how it is. No soup for you - NEXT!

And I unintentionally lied. I saw the opportunity for the Rick Hansen Relay for October 2012, retracing his path across Canada. I have opted to be selected for the relay. It's a small goal as I've been not well the past couple of years and have been worried I was on the down-slide. It will by my 40th birthday that month. I hope I have the chance to participate. The guy could do nothing for the rest of his life as he already changed my world. Sorry you were not here to witness life in the 80's in a wheelchair, because from where I sat as a 13yr old, my world completely changed.

Sorry - back on topic.
    What bringing you down? If any is bringing anything down it must be people like you whom brings down any cure discussion and cure efforts with attacks on sci regenerative research from any angle you can dig up, like also you show with you’re ignorance post as above in this thread towards many research labs and scientists worldwide whom actually are doing something. I understand that you’re interest is independent living issues and so on, and that’s fine, but why then do you have to pollute cure discussions with nonsense.

Leif...Leif...Leif! Stop there. Lynnifer has not stated that she has no interest in "translational research". She's simply asked a question about the definition people use in describing translation research. So, quite the contrary to your accusation! Lots of people are interested in it, but it does take lots of time and effort to search through all the information to formulate your own personal thoughts and see where your efforts can best be utilized to push cure efforts forward. May I politely suggest you give her a chance to look over the most recently compiled advances and study it?

People really are interested in the subject and wish to help. It may take a little time and patience for everyone to get involved and learn where all the "translational research" is at. Several people on the forum are working diligently to sort through information and formulating plans on how to best push forward from here.

Please be patient while the groups get together and work towards a cure and the funding issues. It will be a worthwhile benefit for everybody! It's also fantastic to hear that Lynnifer is grateful for all that was done on her behalf since she was 13 yrs. old and recognizes that people put huge efforts into that advocacy and the benefits she reaped from that. (It didn't just fall out of the sky and she recognizes that).

She has a right to choose her own way in paying it forward. Perhaps it will be a road not yet taken, but it is hers to take....(the same way you are making and taking your choices forward.)

ROLL ON Lynnifer!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Rule #1: Never smash & bash a SCI advocates spirit and efforts.)
    We need all of the help we can get from anyone willing to give! No need to chase anyone off with silly accusations.

Don't make me fly to Norway. (You'd never recoup from that.)
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-05-2011 at 01:26 PM.