Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors pushes forward with Regeneration Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I don't really get it having to erase all posts, in my opinion research should be shared so we can get curative therapies faster, I guess most researchers probably don't see it that way.
    Well at the time it was weird.. He was like just budding, a new Bio start-up around when the whole $2 Trill/10 year Fed package was supposedly infused in 04 Bush was re-instated.....mmm.hmm
    He was in the states, claimed to have Gov.backing, GM facilities being built, clinical trials starting which blew the community away, but then it was like the FDA, either he wasn't aware of them or vice versa, stepped in & derailed everything..
    By all means, kindest, sincere, sharing, professional guy, still that way, just wants to see his inventions through & help, i think like lots of people that enter medicine then find out its control parameters....
    Or start with Nikola Tesla & go from there..
    So out of nowhere that's when he got lawful, even threatNing if all conversations I was sharing on board weren't removed.. I was happy to ablige..
    I spotted a quote later on his website that proved exactly what I figured..
    It read " with realistic FDA hurdles" whatnot we can realize our vision...I was just confused him claiming he had Government funding/ assistance or whatnot & the FDA wasn't involved..
    That's why he moved back to New World Labs// Canada and doing trials in Russia.. Same with Wise//China..
    You can't do jack here..you got an extra $1000 laying around.. or a 22 in the drawer...Christ better let the law know...
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Lets just hope that a lot of the regulations and red tape disappears in the future especially since we are coming under new leadership in the USA in less than a year. I like Obama, but it seems like red tape and regulations that hampered the progress of a lot of things only got worse under his administration.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I disagree with that sentiment. Obama called war upon cancer. I thought he was progressive .. just not for paralysis. We're too few in number while the suffering is great.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The way to get more funding is to demand it. Our community has failed to organize and do so.

That's because our own berates those not deemed "inspirational" enough. Reeve foundation pumps out inspiration robot money machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    That's because our own berates those not deemed "inspirational" enough. Reeve foundation pumps out inspiration robot money machines.
    Agree. I don't think A/B's attitude towards D/A people will ever change. It's something that is inset in their brains probably because they are so fearful of it themselves. If you not some super "inspiring person" your just another dreg of society.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Well then how about we do this organizing thing?
    I volunteered for and was accepted to a local chamber of commerce committee on promoting D/A employees and student coops/work study programs. The first meeting is in 3 weeks. As a former business owner and then corporate executive who became D/A and then pushed out, I have a bit of perspective.

What are other ideas for organizing? Obviously anything big will require lobbying efforts of which I know very little.

That new "Crowdfunding" thingy is working in all sorts of ways/ areas...
    Even though there's over 300,000 registered members here, I know only less than a hundred of us accompany it frequently .. sooo might take some creative work..if any1 knows bout that sorta R&D/ coordinator..or it would just be all computer/social platform networking..
    Build a designated site to donate/ pool funds....then build the traffic..
    Then who would we want to fund??
    I poll on Jan Eric Ahlfors.
    His site claims he has 1 individual w/ advanced MS as a major contributor/invester..or something as for not personally but the overall advancment.amongst others...
    We're a pinnacle of his though cause his main focus is & has been from the start proprietary therapys for Chronic SCI..
    Ahha which also is supposed to be an update this summer of the SCI patients enrolled in Russia/trials since 14'.. !!
    Last edited by Stormycoon; 05-19-2016 at 06:50 PM.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Kunming Locomotor Scale according to Wise's #31 SlideShare. Link.
    DUH on me, thanks Grammy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Much of what we have seen does seem odd because it has never happened before. It brings up many questions that need to be answered and that is why the IIb trials will look much more closely at every type of functional return.

You are right to be cautious and look at this critically but the WISCI and SCIM evaluation scores alone show tremendous recovery. If these results are replicated, no dr can ever tell a patient they can't recover from SCI.

Attachment 58408
    No, it seems odd because it violates common sense. Even if the patients are regaining use of CPG, bladder, & bowel, (which I would argue they are not regaining bladder or bowel), there is no proof that regeneration is the cause. We were talking about concrete proof of recovery caused by regeneration. It is very likely, the recovery of CPG is caused by spared axons, that even Dr. Young says exist in complete SCI. There is no shame in that and in fact is very important to re-awaken any spared axons in complete SCI, because they are in the right spot anatomically. Regenerating axons will never reach original targets.

Why did the paper even bring up bladder and bowel if there will be no details about what kind of recovery patients saw in terms of bladder & bowel?