Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors pushes forward with Regeneration Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Very well said, Amen!
    Seconded. Lots of good info from all of you. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    I have read this thread back to its beginning. It has gone off track to me.
    Unfortunately, derailing subject matter frequently happens on public forums when there is not any new official public information or news being made available but a thread still just gets bumped along endlessly long after the fact...

So can I assume that there is no evidence of regeneration in any animal studies?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    So can I assume that there is no evidence of regeneration in any animal studies?
    They haven't released anything official with the regeneration matrix. But from what I have been told they did test it on pigs,much better then mice! Mind you everything was submitted to the Russian equivalent of the FDA, and to my understanding they receive funding from the Russian government so something must've been somewhat convincing! I haven't heard of many clinical trials coming out of Russia especially from foreign researchers! Now I could've easily missed something but in terms of spinal cord injury research I haven't ever heard of anything

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Unfortunately, derailing subject matter frequently happens on public forums when there is not any new official public information or news being made available but a thread still just gets bumped along endlessly long after the fact...
    Very true, and I am very much partially responsible for that I apologize. I got very "enthusiastic" about emphasizing my thoughts on how critical consistent functional rehabilitation is after any potential treatment. When people argued with me I just couldn't figure out the logic and was frankly blown away ( though the one person that did call me out with a lot of conviction in their tone, never responded to my response which was disappointing because I was actually hoping to learn some information that I may have not know about, but it was pretty obvious she misunderstood what I was talking about) . Dr. Young has expressed how vital it is, and that is where I first base my insight on this specific topic. When I eventually got more and more contact with people involved with this clinical trial, they also know how crucial it is and are very focussed not just on consistent intensive rehabilitation but actually what they believe to be potentially regeneration inducing ( I have read that researchers believe that regeneration won't simply happen on its own by sitting in a chair, The signals need to be pushed of course this is educated speculation at this point, but Dr. Young's trial may be proof of that. These are the only researchers to believe that, every clinical trial that doesn't involve very intensive rehabilitation I personally believe won't go anywhere, when we sit in our chairs everything withers away after many years of this we have to rewire and relearn anything it only seems logical to me, frankly I did researchers to tell us that there's other neurological disorders like stroke that are perfect examples of that! The problem is with paralysis that so severe The exact way to exercise a body functionally to get the proper motions and hopefully stimulation is unknown at this point. They seem to be putting together a very promising protocol, and have gone way out of the box I don't think I should say exactly,but I was very surprised to hear about the expert in a completely different field they were bringing in on this regard. What's most amazing about this work is first off they have neural cells from our own body, they're looking at doing injections every three months rather than just once, They're putting as much effort into the rehabilitation component as anything else, and they seem like they're wanting to incorporate other treatments. I think we can all agree that I combination treatment is going to be needed to achieve substantial function...I'm very excited to see where this goes!

P.s I think knowing about everything that's going to be involved with this clinical trial as it develops moving forward is important, not just the products and "science", for me at least I want to know about the surgery involved, the rehabilitation, everything. Because I think that's where a lot of clinical trials go wrong! Stem cell inc *cough*
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 05-06-2016 at 07:38 PM.

I don't know if this is true but one of the places I have read said that FDA does not allow person's own stem cells cultured then used for that same person. Please advise if this is true and if it is why? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Very true, and I am very much partially responsible for that I apologize. I got very "enthusiastic" about emphasizing my thoughts on how critical consistent functional rehabilitation is after any potential treatment. When people argued with me I just couldn't figure out the logic and was frankly blown away ( though the one person that did call me out with a lot of conviction in their tone, never responded to my response) . Dr. Young has expressed how vital it is, and that is where I first base my insight on this specific topic. When I eventually got more and more contact with people involved with this clinical trial, they also know how crucial it is and are very focussed not just consistent intensive rehabilitation but actually what they believe to be potentially regeneration inducing ( I have read that researchers believe that regeneration won't simply happen on its own by sitting in a chair, The signals need to be pushed of course this is speculation at this point, but Dr. Young's trial may be proof of that. These are the only researchers to believe that, every clinical trial that doesn't involve very intensive rehabilitation I personally believe won't go anywhere, when we sit in our chairs everything weathers away after many years of this we have to rewire and relearn anything it only seems logical to me, frankly I did researchers to tell us that there's other neurological disorders like stroke that are perfect examples of that! The problem is with paralysis that so severe The exact way to exercise a body functionally to get the proper motions and hopefully stimulation is unknown at this point. They seem to be putting together a very promising protocol, and have gone way out of the box I don't think I should say exactly,but I was very surprised to hear about the expert in a completely different field they were bringing in on this regard. What's most amazing about this work is first off they have neural cells from our own body, they're looking at doing injections every three months rather than just once, They're putting as much effort into the rehabilitation component as anything else, and they seem like they're wanting to incorporate other treatments. I think we can all agree that I combination treatment is going to be needed to achieve substantial function...I'm very excited to see where this goes!

P.s I think knowing about everything that's going to be involved with this clinical trial as it develops moving forward is important, not just the products and "science", for me at least I want to know about the surgery involved, the rehabilitation, everything. Because I think that's where a lot of clinical trials go wrong! Stem cell inc *cough*
    Did the pigs in the study receive rehabilitation? For what purpose would the researcher suppress these pig studies from the public?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    Did the pigs in the study receive rehabilitation? For what purpose would the researcher suppress these pig studies from the public?
    Dr. Young has explained way back that animals are different than humans, in the sense that they will never stop trying to move even if their legs do not respond and don't move at all they will still continue to try. Whereas with us we just kind of shut off when we realize it won't happen. Also regenerating spinal tissue doesn't necessarily mean return of function from what I understand. ( i'm also willing to bet that these pigs were not chronic injuries) As for why they didn't release this data, I have no idea I have not ask questions like that. But this entire research and clinical trial seems very secretive, after talking with them I've come to my own conclusion that that is a good thing, I understand why you would think that is reason for speculation and doubt. I have no proof at this point. And with little results I do know of from the phase 1 cant talk about. But I will say this best phase 1 safety results from any stem cell trial to date,they are completely remodelling things from method of injection, rehabilitation, dosage etc. I'm very excited to see where this goes.

Dr. Young has explained way back that animals are different than humans, in the sense that they will never stop trying to move even if their legs do not respond and don't move at all they will still continue to try. Whereas with us we just kind of shut off when we realize it won't happen. Also regenerating spinal tissue doesn't necessarily mean return of function from what I understand. ( i'm also willing to bet that these pigs were not chronic injuries) As for why they didn't release this data, I have no idea I have not ask questions like that. But this entire research and clinical trial seems very secretive, after talking with them I've come to my own conclusion that that is a good thing, I understand why you would think that is reason for speculation and doubt. I have no proof at this point. And with little results I do know of from the phase 1 cant talk about. But I will say this best phase 1 safety results from any stem cell trial to date,they are completely remodelling things from method of injection, rehabilitation, dosage etc. I'm very excited to see where this goes.
    It would save a lot of $$$ (I think it's the most expensive part of trial) to just tell the treatment subjects to go home and try to walk with your mind, instead of intense PT.

Wow. I am a little surprised they asked for a confidentiality agreement for this. I haven't seen them often for subjects. May I ask what period of time it covers ?

I can't man,somethings I've signed confidentiality and I won't Betray these professionals trust! In The future I may be able to say more, a lot of that hinges on my ability to win my lawsuits and accumulate wealth; which I will use entirely to get myself out of this lifestyle, i'm far from not keen i find it pathetic and undignified, not to mention it's not worth it. Of course in the rare circumstance I do succeed I'll do everything I can to become a part of the process to get it to the masses however majority of chronic injuries over five years will never walk again! For a few reasons, for one the body whithers away almost instantly after paralysis so years after injury there's not much left, the longer the less likely to have substantial recovery! Also Money will be an issue, and after treatment the intensive physical therapy necessary to see dramatic results will be extensive most people won't be able to put the time into it.

Having Said that with these advancing technology some kind of recovery will be achievable no matter what, which could have dramatic on quality of life even though you're not anywhere near able-bodied. Eight sure your bladder doesn't shrink permanently!and protect your joints, don't let your muscles go excessively long without ever contracting! I can't emphasize that enoug of course you could go way more intense than just that, probably should but I would recommend that is the bare minimum's if you want to recover bladder function, a decent amount of motor function