Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors pushes forward with Regeneration Matrix

If RHI/ICORD believed in Jan-Eric Ahlfors' work they would have backed it by now. So we can only assume they dont. I cannot for one second believe they are not aware of his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    If RHI/ICORD believed in Jan-Eric Ahlfors' work they would have backed it by now. So we can only assume they dont. I cannot for one second believe they are not aware of his work.
    I think it is likely they are totally ignorant about Jan-Eric Ahlfors and other promising lines of research to cure SCI.

As you can see no Canadians have commented this.... In my opinion that is a sign of luck of balls & ignorance...
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 04-03-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Paolo, from your own experiences on Facebook with the RHI (the institute, not the namesake), what makes you think they'd be receptive to any more research "suggestions"?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Wise,Would Jan-Eric Ahlfors New World Lab be able to utilize the clinical trial network for Regeneration Matrix? Is this the type of therapy that could indeed use the network to save time and money? I know you were looking at various biomaterials last summer. Do you think any of them will be in the line up for clinical trial?
    GRAMMY,

Jan and I have talked. I am sure that he will contact me when he is ready and has need to do so.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    GRAMMY,

Jan and I have talked. I am sure that he will contact me when he is ready and has need to do so.

Wise.
    Thank you Dr. Young! I remain hopeful that we soon see biomaterials utilizing your established network. That would surely save lots of time, money and work with bringing it to clinical trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Paolo, from your own experiences on Facebook with the RHI (the institute, not the namesake), what makes you think they'd be receptive to any more research "suggestions"?
    I agree it hard if not impossible... the only chance I see is a revolutionary protest coming from Canadians living with SCI. That is why I try to kick "canadians", but they seem to be in hibernation :-(

Anyway RHI/RHF people got the message from what I know. I am courious to see how long they will resist on their - in my opinion - stupid difensive position..

The longer they will resist the longer we'll stay in w-c. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    the only chance I see is a revolutionary protest coming from Canadians living with SCI. That is why I try to kick "canadians", but they seem to be in hibernation :-(
    Here's what your kicking did: I'm no longer supporting the Rick Hansen foundation. Great job!

Just like a few years ago when the reason I got out of advocacy or talking about it on here is because a certain member would criticize, criticize and criticize. So I got out of it.

Also, this was the last year of the federal money ($30,000,000 over 5yrs) from the government and no treatments in sight. With an election on May 2nd, doubtful we'll see that kind of cash again from any of the political parties. It was an amazing miracle that the money came from Conservatives as well.

It all comes back to seeing something from researchers and so far, that doesn't exist.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

It all comes back to seeing something from researchers and so far, that doesn't exist.
    This is also very true. I am also very critical with researchers as too many of them didn't deserve our money/support. They should be fired!

Soon I may start to say names in public. I am collecting facts and info at the moment.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Probably I wasn't clear in my previous quote... I think it is likely they know about it, but too ignorant to understand what kind of research deserve support.
    I think it is likely that some "scientific advisors" take advantage of ignorance...when they give advise on how to spend money of RHF... but also CDRF and others.

I don't agree with that. Their mission has always been about 'translational research.'

There is nothing to translate at the moment i.e. bring to market.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 04-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12