Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jan-Eric Ahlfors pushes forward with Regeneration Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    Wow. I am a little surprised they asked for a confidentiality agreement for this. I haven't seen them often for subjects. May I ask what period of time it covers ?
    It's nothing official, just trust over exchange of information as a interested patient and investor, I shouldn't of said sighned as I haven't signed anything yet. Just made promises

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    It would save a lot of $$$ (I think it's the most expensive part of trial) to just tell the treatment subjects to go home and try to walk with your mind, instead of intense PT.
    Wouldn't even be comparable it's not only A little bit of Frequent mental effort with them they are actually physically fully attempt to it to the point of exhaustion (i've seen this firsthand with farm animals/ dear shot and paralyzed) and they will continue through exhaustion and right away once they recover, until they die, never stop especially with motivation such as cheese like they use with mice. no humans could even remotely achieve this especially with consistency. However Doug Smith is a fully recovered quadriplegic paralyzed in the early days in the NHL , He is a strong believer in visualization and "willing" yourself to move immediately and consistently injury. I don't believe it, however I do think visualization therapy has its place, and he had a bad injury mind you he did manage to fully recover more than I can say for myself! Took him three years. Regenerating spinal tissue to be his only part of "regenerating" a spinal injury resprouting of axons throughout the body is just as crucial if not more so, that's whereConstant functional rehabilitation is needed.especially considering an axon doesregrow knew the body probably won't know exactly how to use it right away. This topic has been covered by Dr. Young and other researchers
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 05-09-2016 at 02:31 AM.

The axon may know where to go:

Scientists Regenerate Nerve Fibers After Spinal Cord Injury

May 8, 2015 | by Josh L Davis

"By simulating crushed spines in lab rats, scientists at Tufts University School of Medicinehave been able to show that by treating the breakage with a specific protein already produced by the body, called artemin, they can encourage the damaged nerve fibers to grow an incredible 4 centimeters (1.5 inches). Not only that, after four weeks of treatment, the regenerated neurons were fully capable of passing signals along the whole length."

"But if you thought that the length of growth was incredible, the news doesn't stop there. Not only have they managed to achieve unprecedented growth from the nerve fibers, but they’ve also gotten them to ‘plug’ themselves back into their original places. So whilst older studies found that when the sensory nerves were regenerated they would often get muddled up and cross each other, when the researchers used artemin, the new nerves were able to find their way back to the right spot and connect up correctly."

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...ensory-neurons

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    It's nothing official, just trust over exchange of information as a interested patient and investor, I shouldn't of said sighned as I haven't signed anything yet. Just made promises

Quote Originally Posted by Jyi View Post

"By simulating crushed spines in lab rats, scientists at Tufts University School of Medicinehave been able to show that by treating the breakage with a specific protein already produced by the body, called artemin, they can encourage the damaged nerve fibers to grow an incredible 4 centimeters (1.5 inches). Not only that, after four weeks of treatment, the regenerated neurons were fully capable of passing signals along the whole length."

"But if you thought that the length of growth was incredible, the news doesn't stop there. Not only have they managed to achieve unprecedented growth from the nerve fibers, but they’ve also gotten them to ‘plug’ themselves back into their original places. So whilst older studies found that when the sensory nerves were regenerated they would often get muddled up and cross each other, when the researchers used artemin, the new nerves were able to find their way back to the right spot and connect up correctly."

Wow this sounds amazing, if this could prove similar in humans that would be seriously amazing. Maybe one day we will just sit on our asses get an injection and walk in the next few days,no effort required,kind of takes the fight out of it but I'd take it..

Thanks for providing that, more encouraging research more to learn

Quote Originally Posted by Jyi View Post

The thread posts from last year about the Tufts article: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?235012-Scientists-have-regenerated-nerves-after-spinal-cord-injury

are yes I completely forgot about this, there's just never been any more information I wonder if any progress has been made
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    haha ah yes I completely forgot about this, there's just never been any more information I wonder if any progress has been made

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Thanks Grammy, you are appreciated.

Wow this sounds amazing, if this could prove similar in humans that would be seriously amazing. Maybe one day we will just sit on our asses get an injection and walk in the next few days,no effort required,kind of takes the fight out of it but I'd take it..

Thanks for providing that, more encouraging research more to learn
    JamesMcM, this is probably another auto connection:

May 2, 2016
    Adult brain prunes branched connections of new neurons

LA JOLLA—When tweaking its architecture, the adult brain works like a sculptor—starting with more than it needs so it can carve away the excess to achieve the perfect design. That’s the conclusion of a new study that tracked developing cells in an adult mouse brain in real time……

http://www.salk.edu/news-release/adu...f-new-neurons/

Wouldn't even be comparable it's not only A little bit of Frequent mental effort with them they are actually physically fully attempt to it to the point of exhaustion (i've seen this firsthand with farm animals/ dear shot and paralyzed) and they will continue through exhaustion and right away once they recover, until they die, never stop especially with motivation such as cheese like they use with mice. no humans could even remotely achieve this especially with consistency. However Doug Smith is a fully recovered quadriplegic paralyzed in the early days in the NHL , He is a strong believer in visualization and "willing" yourself to move immediately and consistently injury. I don't believe it, however I do think visualization therapy has its place, and he had a bad injury mind you he did manage to fully recover more than I can say for myself! Took him three years. Regenerating spinal tissue to be his only part of "regenerating" a spinal injury resprouting of axons throughout the body is just as crucial if not more so, that's whereConstant functional rehabilitation is needed.especially considering an axon doesregrow knew the body probably won't know exactly how to use it right away. This topic has been covered by Dr. Young and other researchers
    When you find the time, can you provide me with some papers or studies that have image evidence of regeneration in completely injured animals and also functional recovery? I'd like to see how their mental rehab guided these axons. Thanks.