Thread: Supracor Stimulite

Supracor Stimulite

I have read here in the past from users of these cushions that you wash them occasionally and it seems I recall some saying that in doing so it revitalizes the cushion. Anyone care to comment on this? If you do this, can you tell a difference in comfort before and after washing?

Also, do you wash by hand or wash machine? Is there a noticeable difference using one over the other?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I throw mine in the washing machine...and it does make a difference. Before I throw it in...the cells are depressed. After I wash it, they are back to where they were before. Obviously after time they do not spring back...but I get at least 2 good years out of them doing it this way.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

yup, fluffs them back up. i always have 2 in rotation. i9 always have a few new ones upstairs for when they stop bouncing back.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

yeah, machine. you should have received a net bag to wash it in, stops fluff and lint getting in, also protects it against zips, etc.. throw the cushion cover in the machine too, but if there are other things in the machine, turn the velcro side in.

Some may recall I used one for awhile last year but after some time I became uncomfortable; I now wonder if I would have washed it whether that would have changed that circumstance.

I was talking to a Stimulite rep at ISS in 201 he said he said recomended washing the cushion at least every two weeks but that was mostly to maintain the hypo-alergenic and anti fungal properties. He said you can even wash them everyday and it wouldn't harm them.

I definately notice a difference in comfort levels when mine hasn't been washed for awhile.

Good to know, maybe I will revisit my Stimulite; I had my dad wash it, though it was by hand as his wash machine has an agitator and Supracor says not to wash the cushion in such a machine.

You should have received a little foldout carboard thing with the cushion, has the washing and drying instructions on there.

A number of Stimulite cushions have been destroyed - literally torn asunder - by washing the cushion in a top loading washing machine - the agitator being the cause of the destruction. Washing Stimulite cushions in a front loading washing machine - a machine without an agitator - is the safer of the two approaches.

I went looking for my box yesterday as I was looking for the mesh cover, but I couldn't find the box, it may be in the pole barn. Nevertheless, I found the care instructions online and sent them with my dad before he washed it, good thing otherwise he would have thrown it in their machine with the agitator.

I am on the cushion now as I am having some weird issues with my ROHO's going flat, I have three. I do sit higher on the Stimulite Classic XS, which I recall that from before, where I have to run my back a notch higher with this cushion.