Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoulder pain

Shoulder pain

For the last couple of weeks my shoulders have bothered me
    Tonight my left arm is just literally killing me
    I rely on my arms for everything
    So I will call my psycian tomorrow and book a appt with the Dr
    Hopefully my shoulders are not giving up on me

It really saddens me when things are going good in general but theses most annoying pains pop up like a bad case of worst arthritis all night my left wrist has ached sooo very bad theres nothing I could do about it I tried camphor it just made my skin feel hot and smell medicininy lol

Holy cows I am weirded out

I feel frustrated because this is a very odd feeling almost like when a person has the worst hand cramps charlie horses in the forearms but times that by 100
    I mean this literally
    I hardly ever complain about pain but this ghost pain is so deep in my shoulders I am afraid of having any sort of rotor cup surgery .

What a bummer just when things were going good I once again begin feeling the pains of wrath

Banned

Unhappy

I had rotator cuff surgery in November after being in terrible pain for about a year. In my left shoulder and I'm left handed. I've been in worse pain (if that's possible since the surgery) and found out last week that My shoulder bone is broken and it's not something that can easily be operated on...supposed to try and wait it out.

Thank God my family doctor is prescribing me pain meds and I just started the patch. I'm now trying the 50 with oxycodone for BT pain. It's better than it was but I'm still useless and in terrible pain.

I wish you good luck and make sure you have the best surgeon in your area and plenty of tests before consenting to surgery like MRIs.

I wish I would of went out of the area to Pittsburgh like I usually do but for some reason I had confidence in my surgeon and now feeling that was a huge mistake that I will be paying for with hours of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    For the last couple of weeks my shoulders have bothered me
    Tonight my left arm is just literally killing me
    I rely on my arms for everything
    So I will call my psycian tomorrow and book a appt with the Dr
    Hopefully my shoulders are not giving up on me

It really saddens me when things are going good in general but theses most annoying pains pop up like a bad case of worst arthritis all night my left wrist has ached sooo very bad theres nothing I could do about it I tried camphor it just made my skin feel hot and smell medicininy lol

Holy cows I am weirded out

I feel frustrated because this is a very odd feeling almost like when a person has the worst hand cramps charlie horses in the forearms but times that by 100
    I mean this literally
    I hardly ever complain about pain but this ghost pain is so deep in my shoulders I am afraid of having any sort of rotor cup surgery .

What a bummer just when things were going good I once again begin feeling the pains of wrath
    I had that happen to my right shoulder it was a muscle spasm 18 years ago. Started xmas morning by 6 that night I could not even move it.
    Went to hospital and the gave me pain pills and valium.
    Took 3 days before I could move it and in 2 weeks back to normal.
    Doc said it was a muscle spasm and told me next time it starts to take 10 to 20mg of valium asap.
    Well it has happened 2 times since and the valium took the spasm away within a hour.
    You have to catch it fast because if I wait to long it hurts for days because the spasm hurts the muscle.
    At least in my case it was.

Art

BTW I cryed all the way to hospital and my ex so pissed at me cause i messed up xmas.....
    hell i mean it was fine the day before it just started to hurt outa no were on xmas.
    Hate to say it but I hope it happens to her someday. To me it was the worse pain I ever had.
    I had to use my other arm just to move it and trying to cath tears ran down my face for the first 3 days.
    No matter were I put it it hurt for 3 days....just laying it on my chest or anyplace just hurt no matter what u did.
    If I had a gun it would have been over with right there.
    The 2 times it has acted up was in middle of night waking me up.
    I get em in my fingers and hand sometimes and valium works there to.
    I think some of it is when its damp outside and overuse.

Hope you'rs is nothing but something simple as this.... but painfull as hell for me.

Art
    Last edited by Art454; 02-14-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: more info
    Art

I am not one to talk but with a SCI it is so very important to work out the muscles that you are able to work. Light weights are the best. Do not try to bulk so much as to keep strong. We all deal with loss of muscle, especially during the cold months when we do very little more but try to stay warm and keep out pain at bay. I notice my bi muscles shrinking and my shoulders hurt more just from chair use. Get serious about eating right and work out what muscles you can. At one time I could bench press 355 lbs. I am happy to be able to push a 45 pound bar now, or use a 20lb dumbell. A little something always beats alot of nothing.

I had shoulder surgery on my left shoulder this past September. I am also in worse pain then even before the surgery and the pain was awful before so now I"m in hell!! I am told that I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome though so I'm sure that didn't help make the surgery/outcome all that great.....

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    I had shoulder surgery on my left shoulder this past September. I am also in worse pain then even before the surgery and the pain was awful before so now I"m in hell!! I am told that I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome though so I'm sure that didn't help make the surgery/outcome all that great.....

Becky
    I look at r profile and only 7 years and shoulder problems?
    I see in r picture u are in manual chair?
    Why I say everyone should get a power chair from the start.
    You need r arms for everything else...manual and electric chairs are replaceable....you'r shoulders are not.

Art
    Art

Aint that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    I look at r profile and only 7 years and shoulder problems?
    I see in r picture u are in manual chair?
    Why I say everyone should get a power chair from the start.
    You need r arms for everything else...manual and electric chairs are replaceable....you'r shoulders are not.

Art

Yes Art your right, only 7 years. I think a lot of the reason that they bit the dust so quick was because my house is not adequately accessible. Every night and day I have to get myself up and down 20 stairs atleast once a day. There is not enough room at the top of these stairs to use my chair so I need to just drag myself around when I get up there. The bedrooms are up on this floor. I have tried staying on the main floor and sleeping on the couch but my back hurts so much the next day that I cant do that. It completely sucks!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

ice

i feel you pain, literally just took a mobic, going to ice in a minute.
    ice is great, i mix the ice with alcohol, to make it colder, use a big opening type ice bag. my should rs were so bad last winter , i was almost crying, both shoulders. i bought 2 ice bag holders for the shoulders, if you noticed, keeping ice on the shoulders is hard, i got them from a pt online store they use two ice bags per shoulder,it was the only thing that worked.
    with me it is the ligaments and tendons that hold my shoulders together. i ripped them up
    cauda equina

Hi metronycguy you nailed my #1 remedy I use literally every night

I like ice bags as well Being I really over use my arms for most everything lol Who knows what is going on in my shoulders

In the hospital I would ask for 4 packs and place them on my shoulders to rest

I still do this same ritual at home lol
    Sometimes the most simple elements do wonders