Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tires for ZRA2?

Tires for ZRA2?

Hi everyone,

Looking for recommendation/advice on choosing between Schwalbe Marathon Plus or Kenda Kontenders for my ZRA2... mainly using chair on city sidewalks and the occasional gravel type paths. I am currently using the Kenda's but have the opportunity to try/use the Schwalbes.

Thanks!

I have marathon plus tires on my zra2. They do fine on the streets of san francisco.

I agree with t8burst. I have the Schwalbes on my ZRA and they do great on regular city sidewalks and the occasional trip through wet, muddy gravel so I assume they would be great on dry gravel.

WG

These tires are magic, especially at night. http://www.sweetskinz.com/ (see youtube)

Each one comes in about 10 diff sizes. It's your choice, wild or mild.

Really, that should be each comes in about 10 diff treads, from knobby to sleek slick, along with the sizes. I'm getting a pair for my new chair, will post pix.

I have had Kendas and they were fine...but now I am running Schwalbe Right Runs...love them! The PSI can be up to 145, and I put air in them every week or so. They have a puncture protection strip (although not as thick as the marathons), but they are lighter than the Marathons. Just wanted to throw another option out there. Schwalbe makes the best tire in my opinion.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    i have had kendas and they were fine...but now i am running schwalbe right runs...love them! The psi can be up to 145, and i put air in them every week or so. They have a puncture protection strip (although not as thick as the marathons), but they are lighter than the marathons. Just wanted to throw another option out there. Schwalbe makes the best tire in my opinion.
    x2. The marathons are to heavy, imo.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I also like Right Runs. The first set I tried had a manufacturing defect, but once I got a replacement, they've been great.

I was running Spartech solids, which lacked traction on hard, smooth surfaces (e.g., shopping-mall floors), so I switched to Schalbe Marathon Plus Evolutions about 6 weeks ago. I like the Schwalbe's traction much better on all surfaces, even snow (no observable difference exists in roll resistance). Schwalbes are also much more hand friendly. I have no experience with other tires.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I`m not a fan of Marathons, prefer Right Runs, even Speedair.