Thread: I caught myself wondering???

I caught myself wondering???

I was visiting one of our area's full-service pharmacy's and seen a guy pull up in an Jeep. He opened his door than opened his chair, put his wheels on, slid down in his chair and was in the store in seconds. I was in awl?????
    I have a full-sized van w/lift.
    I am so now ready to duplicate his deal I can't see straight.
    I think there is a Jeep in my future

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCO View Post
    I was visiting one of our area's full-service pharmacy's and seen a guy pull up in an Jeep. He opened his door than opened his chair, put his wheels on, slid down in his chair and was in the store in seconds. I was in awl?????
    I have a full-sized van w/lift.
    I am so now ready to duplicate his deal I can't see straight.
    I think there is a Jeep in my future
    How was his re-entry into the Jeep? Go to a Jeep dealer and give your transfers a go before signing on the dotted line.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I have seen people do this from Jeeps and high pickups. As a young quad, I did unimaginable transfers in and out of both high and low cars. Those people do not understand or care about what they are doing to their shoulders. It will catch up do them and they will regret the "macho" lifestyle. Think about it for a while. There are associated costs.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

wazabiker is correct, i tried out different cars at dealerships and also my gimp friends here showed me how they got into their vehicles and let me try it out before i went to purchase anything! gl!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Ditto to what SCI55 said. In my youth I thought it was about the coolest thing ever to defy expectations, and I fed my ego by doing so. Fast forward and I now wish I had known about overuse issues and shoulder deterioration.

Listen to Eileen and SCI55.!! I just had carpal Tunnel Release surgery on my right hand with the left hand still to go. It is an OVERUSE INJURY!!! Just so happens my wrists were the first place it presented. We only have a limited number of transfers in our physiology unless you are some kind of super trained athlete of some kind that trains melticulously without over straining yourself.

I am not saying don't get a jeep. I would love to have one. I am saying make sure the chair to jeep transfer is not especially difficult for you first and don't sell your van. If you have an arm issue you will need it!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!