Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Woodrow Wilison VA Rehab 2010?

  1. #1

    Woodrow Wilison VA Rehab 2010?

    in 05' (Background, my first rehab attampt was at Washington Hospital Center DC, bad experence, ended up with a bed sore on my lower back bigger then my fist and could see my spine, and was alway dirty w fecies.(not to mention a bed sore on my HEAD?? )When I got rushed back to emercy room (brink of death from clear neglect)is the only time the cleansed me up. Wonder Why?? ) My Plastic Surgon which fixxed that Hole, got me out of there stating if i was to stay they will kill me--no joke his own words) They Clearly doctored up my med records in which took 3+ year to get from them..(Wonder Why?)

    Rehab attempt 2 at Wildrow Wilson.
    Secound attempt was at Wildrow Wilson in 07. It no longer a Rehab center it useto be. Approx 10% of WW was dovoted to Rehab, Other 80% dovoted to deliquent revocation training. Most Rehab Building Closed off. (Being there make you feel as if your a common Thug) Only 1 rehab building remained opened. Asside from The head resident nurse, the staff was great. Oh that note that nurse did nothing but verberly put me down for being in bed from so much pain. Come to find out, I was going threw all the rehab steps with a fresh fractures vertibra, which happend when I was Lifted up for EX rays on day 3 at WW. 3 weeks of rehab w a fracture, like to see that nurse do it!,,

    Although now all Im doing is waiting to Die
    No more rehab 4 me, strike 3 -- Id rather die by my OWN hand.


    Kinda went off point... Anyone know has come of Wildrow Wilson in 2010-11 ?? I heard last they were going to start acceptiong Vets , I sure hope it has improved???
    Last edited by patricks; 02-05-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

  2. #2
    Senior Member brucec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    5,658
    I was there in 1978, excellent place then, of course it was mental as well as physical, so there was mostly walking people talking to theirselves alot
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

  3. #3
    I was there in 89 and had a good experience as well (similar to brucec).

    I know that DRS (Dept of Rehab Services) is always close to first in line for the chopping block when it comes to budget shortfalls. Hopefully, this isn't the case now but it wouldn't surprise me.

  4. #4
    Seems to me DRS and Woodrow Wilson are not doing much for the SCI community here in VA. Every time I call and ask a question about services, support or funding Im told "that was cut". Not sure if I can be part of changing that but I sure am going to try! It is quite frustrating.

  5. #5
    i agree sharon DRS in va isnt worth a crap....i was at ww in 08 i also had a prob with one of the nurses but the thearpy was pretty good

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Seems to me DRS and Woodrow Wilson are not doing much for the SCI community here in VA. Every time I call and ask a question about services, support or funding Im told "that was cut". Not sure if I can be part of changing that but I sure am going to try! It is quite frustrating.
    Its not DRS its our VA Gov.
    Got to Love our Rep Gov. Cut Social and Edu Progs First. Ex. Last year his first cut (attempt) was towards home health aid.(Public Partnerships) Because Nursing Homes are Much Cheaper(not hardly) Obviously he dosn't have anyone disabled in his family.. Good thing he was stopped.

    Hurray for the Republican Adgenda!!?!
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

  7. #7
    Senior Member brucec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    5,658
    Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Its not DRS its our VA Gov.
    Got to Love our Rep Gov. Cut Social and Edu Progs First. Ex. Last year his first cut (attempt) was towards home health aid.(Public Partnerships) Because Nursing Homes are Much Cheaper(not hardly) Obviously he dosn't have anyone disabled in his family.. Good thing he was stopped.

    Hurray for Republican Adgenda!!?!
    like kain loved us?
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    like kain loved us?

    Understandable true aswell, but if you compaire Budgeting under Demerocrate and Repub rule, Dem Budgets excell that of Rep towards Social Programs.

    I met ex. Gov Allen a few years back and asked him that very question "Why do you cut Social Progs First" His reply was something to the effect of It dosn't stimulate the Economy and wastefull spending etc. *same BS* I responded Have you Tried Micromanagement? (He walked off in a kinda discusting way, but to be fair He was kinda blind sided by my question)
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

  9. #9
    Senior Member brucec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    5,658
    Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Understandable true aswell, but if you compaire Budgeting under Demerocrate and Repub rule, Dem Budgets excell that of Rep towards Social Programs.

    I met ex. Gov Allen a few years back and asked him that very question "Why do you cut Social Progs First" His reply was something to the effect of It dosn't stimulate the Economy and wastefull spending etc. *same BS* I responded Have you Tried Micromanagement? (He walked off in a kinda discusting way, but to be fair He was kinda blind sided by my question)
    yep, but a politican should never be blindsided, he should always be ready to discuss any dealings
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    yep, but a politican should never be blindsided, he should always be ready to discuss any dealings
    Was kinda funny. Was at The today show in Williamsburg VA. So took to opptunity to take a photo with the first cripple he saw(me). But what He didnt notice was my Pro Stem Cell Sign, which I wipped out for the photo.(which probly got deleted)
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Workshop: Taiwan, April 22-24, 2010
    By manouli in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 05:15 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 12:35 PM
  3. High school senior paralyzed in scrimmageThe Woodrow Wilson High football player was
    By Max in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 02:15 PM
  4. Has anyone heard about Woodrow Wilson rehab?
    By Ryno360 in forum New SCI
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 01:54 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •