Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stock Traders Corner

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post

So, that's $5/1000 shares. Could become pricey quickly if there's no max. charge like Questrade offers.
    I don't trade penny stocks so it really hasn't been a problem, but you are right if I manually traded I probably would use something else. IB has an excellent programmatic interface that allows me to write code in Java that trades stock. It also has really good papertrading simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I don't trade penny stocks so it really hasn't been a problem, but you are right if I manually traded I probably would use something else. IB has an excellent programmatic interface that allows me to write code in Java that trades stock. It also has really good papertrading simulation.
    Having thought about IB's prices for a while now, I think they may be the least expensive overall. I think I'll look at them.

I use Td Ameritrade and they have really good tools for analysis. I have owned this stock fo a few yearsand doubled up when it was $2.25. Today they published there quarterly results and they were better than I expected but I was expecting a better P and E , however it was explained in the report that they bought an 8.3 million dollar piece of equiptment. I never recomend a stock to anyone but this one is worth a look a peek. As for Geron it is a long term hold and the right news can sending it flying either way. Remember you can only be day late buying a stock if you are a day trader. Do your homework !!!

TD Ameritrade offers decent prices.

I found another Scotiabank owned online trading service. It's TradeFreedom and it offers much better prices than their iTrade.

Do you have any favorite websites that you find helpful?

http://www.investopedia.com/ has been helpful to me. Trying to learn how to invest and trade.

Check out this online broker. I like them.

http://www.optionsxpress.com/

http://www.optionsxpress.ca/

Forex. Any of you ever take a stab at it?

I'm going to stay away from Questrade. They have issues.

I touched on printing money out of thin air....those G7 guys sure know how to party!

Looks like those GLD calls from a couple days ago will be getting cashed out early probably tommorrow if things keep going like this

But I gotta wonder, with all the money printing going on, will my new 'wealth' amount to something more suited to wiping my behind with? Never mind, the gubment says inflation is well contained...I gotta stop worrying about the stuff I buy costing more all the time, silly me

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    I'm going to stay away from Questrade. They have issues.
    So I've noticed, ugh. Hopefully it's attributable to recent platform upgrades and they'll work out the kinks asap.