Thread: Need a chair that will work w/ an EZ-lock

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

Need a chair that will work w/ an EZ-lock

I had my hopes on, and was all ready to order either a TI ZRA or Top End Crossfire but when I called EZ-Lock to confirm for an H-bracket, I was told that they won't work with the new open frame designs. They are compatible with the TI Aero R, but I don't know anything about that model. Has anybody in here tried that model and/or have any suggestions re: ways to drive from a chair sing some other system than EZ-lock? Thx.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

why dont you get electric wheelchair?

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Won't get in one 'till I can't push any more or I finally kill off my shoulders or I'm dead, whichever comes first [although the dead option, pretty much eliminates all of the probs].
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

We just went thru this recently. My son wanted a better looking chair, but the only one that EZ lock recommends is the Quickie clunker!! It has the heavier frame to support the "pin" and it needs to be heavier for stability. Now, having said that, you can have an additional cross-bar welded on the bottom of any chair, but EZ lock does not recommend it and whoever does it would be libel in case of injury so most won't touch it! I'm really interested to see what you find out!! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Won't get in one 'till I can't push any more or I finally kill off my shoulders or I'm dead, whichever comes first [although the dead option, pretty much eliminates all of the probs].
    You should read this: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/powe...wheelchair.htm

Although I don't necessarily agree 100% with everything he says, he makes some very good valid points.

Having said that I think you'd really improve the quality of your life with a ZX1.

I'm guessing you are c5 if you can't transfer into a 6way driver seat so I imagine pushing your manual is a struggle and limiting and far from being independent on anything other than fairly level ground.

i have a local friend who has a tilite tra with an ezlock on it . i believe he used the original mount for the frame but had to adjust the pin mounting point ... i will try to post some piks if i can get them ....