Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowel Movement sometimes too long

Get a Peristeen ... enough said.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

The water based suppositories do work faster. Give it a try.
    CKF

Same problem again! Nothing out from yesterday 3pm until now. But there's bowel movement. What happened to me? Does it affect because I eat litter?

Quote Originally Posted by kimsoon84 View Post
    Same problem again! Nothing out from yesterday 3pm until now. But there's bowel movement. What happened to me? Does it affect because I eat litter?
    Actually, yes, eating "litter" could be a problem , as for eating "later" I don't know
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

I've been reading alot and 'dig stim' or 'digital stimulation' always appeared. What does it mean?

My BP is more smoothly when I do it every 3 days but I feel my stomach is uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfay26 View Post
    I've been reading alot and 'dig stim' or 'digital stimulation' always appeared. What does it mean?
    Digital stimulation is a technique using a gloved, lubricated finger (or device) to stretch and fatigue the spastic anal sphincter so that stool in the rectal vault can pass through the anus. It is a standard technique used and taught in rehab for most people with SCI who have an UMN bowel.

(KLD)

I need to decide whether to do bp every 2 days or 3 days.

Every other day is most common. Some can go 3 days without having accidents, hard stools, or AD, and if this is the case for you, you might consider every 3rd day, but not longer. Most people I know that do that actually run a program 3X weekly, such as Mon-Wed-Fri. due to attendant availability issues.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Every other day is most common. Some can go 3 days without having accidents, hard stools, or AD, and if this is the case for you, you might consider every 3rd day, but not longer. Most people I know that do that actually run a program 3X weekly, such as Mon-Wed-Fri. due to attendant availability issues.

(KLD)
    My BP go smoothly after I started do it every 3 day. But when I consider you said do it not longer, so I tried every 2 days yesterday and it's not smooth however the stool was many. I wonder what is the reason? Can I do my BP every 3 day constantly?