Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: price comparison Q7, ZRA, and ZR

  1. #1
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,167

    price comparison Q7, ZRA, and ZR

    price comparison Q7, ZR, and ZRA
    suggested retail price comparison of these chairs w/similar specs: 14x16 standard chairs, unitne/slipstream forks, 4" soft rolls, tension adjustable back(vented on Q7), spinergy LX, speed runs, scissor locks(compact on Q7), abs covered tube footplates, cf fendered side guards on TiLite chair and standard plastic on quickie(they are much larger than Tilites' so i don't need fendered). big difference in price of tension adjustable w/straps back upholstery-quickie $315/$330 vented, TiLite tension adj. w/straps-$150. here's how ot turned out:
    Quickie Q7- $4465
    TiLite ZRA2- $4915
    TiLite ZR2- $4985
    TiLite AeroZ-$4160

  2. #2
    Senior Member TiLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    313
    The main difference between all of these chairs, besides aluminum and titanium frames is the adjustability.

    Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    Quickie Q7- $4465 - Minimum Adjustability - Aluminum
    TiLite ZRA2- $4915 - Maximum Adjustability - Titanium
    TiLite ZR2- $4985 - Minimum Adjustability - Titanium
    TiLite AeroZ-$4160 - Maximum Adjustability - Aluminum.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

  3. #3
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,167
    yes, i know that. i don't need an adjustable chair, but insurance companies seem to favor those. i will explain to them i am replacing a ZR and would like to get another ZR and most likely watch them laugh at me and tell me i have to get a K0005.

  4. #4
    Senior Member TiLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    yes, i know that. i don't need an adjustable chair, but insurance companies seem to favor those. i will explain to them i am replacing a ZR and would like to get another ZR and most likely watch them laugh at me and tell me i have to get a K0005.
    How did you get your original ZR?
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,167
    paid out of pocket, didn't have insurance then.

  6. #6
    Senior Member wheeliecoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,600
    I got my insurance to pay for my ZR a couple years ago and they just paid for my husand's ZR2 end of December. Our medical justification letters seemed to have worked since we did not have any arguments or resistance from them. I am not saying that is the norm...just saying it is possible that some insurances will still pay for them.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

  7. #7
    Senior Member Skogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    S. Minnesota
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    I got my insurance to pay for my ZR a couple years ago and they just paid for my husand's ZR2 end of December. Our medical justification letters seemed to have worked since we did not have any arguments or resistance from them. I am not saying that is the norm...just saying it is possible that some insurances will still pay for them.
    Our insurance paid for my ZRA in June, zero questions asked also. When I get my next chair if I do have any problems I will tell them, fine pay for aluminum I will foot the rest to get Ti.

  8. #8
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,167
    if my vendor ever calls back, we'll submit claims and hope for the best. it would be nice if they replaced chairs with the current ones we are using unless there is a problem with that particular type.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    if my vendor ever calls back, we'll submit claims and hope for the best. it would be nice if they replaced chairs with the current ones we are using unless there is a problem with that particular type.
    For them, there is a problem. $$$

  10. #10
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Using sportaid's calculator the Q7 comes out highest by $150, spec'ing each the way I'd order them. I didn't expect that.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Similar Threads

  1. SlipStream / UniTine Comparison
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 03:20 PM
  2. Comparison of FES US/Vienna
    By poonsuzanne in forum Cure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 12:46 PM
  3. Comparison of my new (used) Tilite ZRA to my Quickie GTX
    By Curt Leatherbee in forum Equipment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 08:47 AM
  4. Article: EPO comparison with Methylprednisolone
    By wildwilly in forum SCI (Related) Research
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •