Thread: Something to make your life easier

Something to make your life easier

This link is to a "Cargo Net" (under seat storage) and it has really helped me a lot, in carrying things like books, and grocery shopping.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wheelchair+cargo+net&view=detail&id=805DD 5161FEDA5558911BCCA73EC67AEB08CFEEB&first=1&FORM=I DFRIR

Mine is black with bigger net holes, so some things tend to fall out if they're small, so I'd suggest this size netting or smaller.

I wanted to share this, and also get some ideas on what to say tomorrow to the person coming out for preliminary chair fitting. They aren't going to measure me for the chair tomorrow, but are going to ask broader questions to submit to Medicare/Medicaid about the chair I want: it's a Tilite Aero Z.

I want to keep the price low to ensure being approved, although everyone involved says this is just normal procedure. Any advice would be appreciated.

When it comes time for actual measurements, I will probably have a few questions that I'll post on CareCure forums.

Hoping many of you will order and enjoy the beneath-the-chair cargo netting, it sure has helped me, and it weighs almost nothing. On Amazon you can search under "Valley 91001 Small Cargo Net" to find, it's $26.

laptop carrying

Meant to say that this cargo netting is great for toting my laptop around the house, and frees up my hands a lot.

I mentioned in another post that I'm getting the new X-Core 3 spoke wheels (it's 25" x 1") so I guess I should order my Aero Z with 25" wheels, meaning the low-end spoked wheels they use, in order to get the correct axle?

I too use and love my underseat catchall, I got mine from TiLite with my AeroZ.

Wheel diameter does not mean axle compatibility; the hub length determines that. Choosing the matching wheel diameter sets the rear seat height for a direct swap thiough.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks Chasmengr

From what I've read it sounds like the Ti axle will fit the X-Core, it’s only a matter of whether the axle is long enough, or too long. X-Core makes a narrow and a slightly wider wheel, so it’ll be a matter of matching up all those variables.

Maybe I should call Ti and ask which width X-Core will fit the stock Ti axle. Worst case I'll have to order another axle. Well actually worst case is that a 757 flies into my house tonight and I die in agony. I try to look at the big picture. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraby View Post
    From what I've read it sounds like the Ti axle will fit the X-Core, it’s only a matter of whether the axle is long enough, or too long. X-Core makes a narrow and a slightly wider wheel, so it’ll be a matter of matching up all those variables.

Maybe I should call Ti and ask which width X-Core will fit the stock Ti axle. Worst case I'll have to order another axle. Well actually worst case is that a 757 flies into my house tonight and I die in agony. I try to look at the big picture. Thanks again.
    If TiLite can't fix you up let me know. I have a set of axles that I used for my X-Cores which will probably fit.
    Last edited by stephen212; 02-03-2011 at 10:37 PM.