Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Boyfriend now a c6 quadriplegic

He will get through it all & be able to do more than he can imagine right now. Trust me. c6/7 here & life is great although I am a bit whiney at times. Take note, it didn't happen overnight by far either! You both have a long road to travel yet.

Tell him to ignore that poster..there's some OLD quads here that I doubt are going anywhere soon!

Thanks for the updates!

take him to a quad rugby practice or tourney in pa. theres a few teams there let those guys be some extra motivation and inspiration as well...

Quote Originally Posted by GJ2 View Post
    take him to a quad rugby practice or tourney in pa. theres a few teams there let those guys be some extra motivation and inspiration as well...
    Seriously!! those guys made me wish I had broken my neck just a little more...

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    There's are a lot of truth written above by both Chuck and Doug. A great attitude keeps you in the moment and helps make the most of every one of them. And isn't a life just a large collection of moments.
    ^^^Wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts Patton57 and DiddlinDoug's post #21 on this thread!

JCA and TWeaver60,

Like everyone, I'm sorry what happened to Jordan, but this is one GREAT CareCure thread, loaded with positive stories and excellent advice from everyone!

I'll quickly add my two cents... that being that life can still be good, regardless of how much Jordan recovers. And I say that as a C1-2 and vent user, paralyzed from my neck down. Life requires a different perspective with SCI, but I believe our attitude and happiness are choices that we can make. Choosing to have a positive attitude helps in many ways.

There's a sign on my wall that says: "It Is What It Is -- But It Will Be What You Make It."

With hard work, appropriate support, and God's help -- ANYTHING is possible!

Prayers for everyone reading this thread -- God bless!

Bill Miller
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Checkout the below CareCure thread about a new way to bowl!
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=87066

P.S. I want Jordan to make a full recovery, but if that's not meant to be during this phase of rehab, do know that there are some extremely talented researchers working quite hard to find legitimate function-restoring therapies. I now believe it's quite realistic that such therapies will come to fruition and help many if not most people with SCI between the years 2015 and 2020, which is "just" 4 to 9 years. Get busy living LIFE and that time will fly by. I've been injured over 13.5 years and it doesn't seem nearly that long.

Take care and God bless!!

Bill Miller
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Checkout the below CareCure thread about a new way to bowl!
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=87066

Quote Originally Posted by BillMiller823 View Post
    P.S. I want Jordan to make a full recovery, but if that's not meant to be during this phase of rehab, do know that there are some extremely talented researchers working quite hard to find legitimate function-restoring therapies. I now believe it's quite realistic that such therapies will come to fruition and help many if not most people with SCI between the years 2015 and 2020, which is "just" 4 to 9 years. Get busy living LIFE and that time will fly by. I've been injured over 13.5 years and it doesn't seem nearly that long.

Take care and God bless!!

Bill Miller
    Thanks a lot

Read the book by Joni Earickson Tada..it inspires

i'm a c5/c6 quad incomplete injured Aug 2009 I do alot on my own, shaving, teeth, hair, I can clean the house a little, at first I was depressed but tell him life does go on. I have my 3 daughters and my wife for help, when I need it plus there are services out there i get an aid every morning and every night plus a nurse 1 hour everyday. I also push a manual chair that I sit every day i have the zx1 power add-on for long distances. I eat with no splints just hold the fork and spoon I even open my own beer bottles and pop cans. Tell him to keep his spirits up life goes on, things will change, just support him as much as you can. please ask any question or search this forum is great it has helped me alot.