Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have intense bloating misery?

Anyone have intense bloating misery?

Have others experienced something like this?:

My whole belly was like a hard balloon and sticking out.
    The right side of my belly was clammy and the left side was dry and warm.
    My back hurt a lot (below the level of my complete T7 SCI).
    I felt burning in my legs more than usual.
    The intense misery went on for many hours.
    Several episodes of vomiting minimally reduced the agony for a few moments.
    After a night of this I was no better. I took some anti gas pills. I was burping.
    After about 12 hours I asked my house mate for a hot water bottle to put
    on my belly.
    A few hours later, I discovered (with my hand) messy soft poop on the bed.
    My conclusion:
    I had 2 pieces of pizza with pepperoni and sausage two days before.
    I think I can't digest fat easily.

I'm giving up on writing this. My housemate is watching TV and commenting and focusing is hard.
    I sometimes feel a lack of will to do what's necessary to manage my body so it will work ok.
    I'm trying to eat better.
    Rich

Does this happen to you? Yes, yes and yes. I don't care what it is that I eat or drink, I get severe bloating by the evening.

Bread is the thing that I must avoid most. I eat it and then in minutes you can hear the loudest sounds. Completely ominous. I can be heard from another room. No kidding.

Meat (beef) is a thing of the past for the most part. I get severe cramping and it slows down the digestive tract for days. I had an impaction a couple of years ago, and anything that slows things down terrifies me now. Never wanna go there again.

Lighter proteins are ok for me (fish). I eat it at least four times a week and a lot of vegetarian meals too.

If it makes you feel bad enough it is easy to give up the offending foods.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

It's probably gallbladder related. You can't digest fatty foods with a "bad gallbladder". It's hard to diagnose sometimes.
    Renee

This happens to me when I have anything spicy or with beans... I am relatively new (3 yrs) and it takes about 5-7 days for something to pass through me, so I'm still sorting out all the things I can't eat any more. Keep a detailed food journal will help if this is a recurring problem. It could also be related to your pancreas, may need that checked out. It sounds like this is the first time you have had this, and the simplest explanation would be a stomach virus. If it is chronic, then maybe something mentioned above.

celiac disease? if u couldnt digest fat easily, you would have accidents way sooner than 24hrs
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    Have others experienced something like this?:

My whole belly was like a hard balloon and sticking out.
    The right side of my belly was clammy and the left side was dry and warm.
    My back hurt a lot (below the level of my complete T7 SCI).
    I felt burning in my legs more than usual.
    The intense misery went on for many hours.
    Several episodes of vomiting minimally reduced the agony for a few moments.
    After a night of this I was no better. I took some anti gas pills. I was burping.
    After about 12 hours I asked my house mate for a hot water bottle to put
    on my belly.
    A few hours later, I discovered (with my hand) messy soft poop on the bed.
    My conclusion:
    I had 2 pieces of pizza with pepperoni and sausage two days before.
    I think I can't digest fat easily.

I'm giving up on writing this. My housemate is watching TV and commenting and focusing is hard.
    I sometimes feel a lack of will to do what's necessary to manage my body so it will work ok.
    I'm trying to eat better.
    yes, but i'm the opposite, when i try to eat right, it makes everything worst, once i go back to chili doogs, pizza and greasy stuff, my stomach's back to normal, guess it's what my stomach's used to
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

you had a hard lump of poo making like a cork. behind it liqified poo, and gas. the liquid eventually pushed the hard poo out. the sweat was a warning that you had a problem. I had to get up in the wee hours to avoid what you woke up with. it was the sweat and heartbeat that woke me, but I knew. good thing. didnt put the mattress protecter on after the last wash.

I've experienced painful gas at times. It's very miserable. So sorry you went through that. It's a bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    you had a hard lump of poo making like a cork. behind it liqified poo, and gas. the liquid eventually pushed the hard poo out. the sweat was a warning that you had a problem. I had to get up in the wee hours to avoid what you woke up with. it was the sweat and heartbeat that woke me, but I knew. good thing. didnt put the mattress protecter on after the last wash.
    you have a great way with words
    Last edited by jody; 01-31-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan