Thread: Guess I have been reporting too many spammers

Guess I have been reporting too many spammers

This evening when I saw a post that looked suspiciously like spam and tried to use the "report post" feature, I got this message:

gjnl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've been using this "report post" feature (triangle with an exclamation mark inside) quite a bit lately to "help" moderators identify spammers. Maybe I have been barred from continuing to do so. It made me think of a poster a friend has on the back of his office door. It is a picture of a giant, burly, male orangutan, and a caption that reads, "When I want your opinion (in this case your help), I'll beat it out of you."

Sorry I was being toooooo helpful.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-30-2011 at 11:42 PM.

I suspect a mod deleted the post in the instant between when you read it, and you reported it. I actually had something similar happen once, and when I went back, the original post was gone.
    Last edited by sjean423; 01-31-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

ninja mod.

They are correct gjnl, ninja mod

no I dont think you are moving too much spam. there is so darn much. that would make no sense.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    trouble maker

I've only been here a year, but can't believe the amount of that sh*t in the last few months.