Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oracing Extreme Box coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    What brand of hubs did you go with for your wheels

Here is what you was asking for, imagine the rest

spoiler alert!

the black frame will match your suit and tie better. love the color combo - black frame/white hubs/grey spokes.

when you've perfected the hub adaptation you should market the parts for sale. (or at least a very detailed write-up please)

are these the wheels?

Last edited by tooley; 02-25-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    spoiler alert!

the black frame will match your suit and tie better. love the color combo - black frame/white hubs/grey spokes.

when you've perfected the hub adaptation you should market the parts for sale. (or at least a very detailed write-up please)

are these the wheels?
    Yes, they are.

wow! thats a sweet pair of wheels
    I've got 99 problems but the wheelchair ain't 1

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Those hubs look awesome.

Are you taking regular bicycle hubs and converting them to fit a wheelchair?
    Are they using the standard quick release wheelchair mechanism?
    How hard is it to convert a regular bicycle hub to fit a wheelchair quick release mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Those hubs look awesome.

Are you taking regular bicycle hubs and converting them to fit a wheelchair?
    Are they using the standard quick release wheelchair mechanism?
    How hard is it to convert a regular bicycle hub to fit a wheelchair quick release mechanism?
    I don`t do it, you need a CNC machine for that, i just told to the CNC operator what to do.
    Yes i`m using the same quick release axle that i had in my Spinergys LX.
    Is not an easy job, but now that i know what to do without problems i can assure you that i will never go back to wheelchairs wheels, out there i`ve got a wonderful bike world waiting for my next chair , i`m a bit sick seen all cool chairs with Spinergys.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I don`t do it, you need a CNC machine for that, i just told to the CNC operator what to do.
    Yes i`m using the same quick release axle that i had in my Spinergys LX.
    Is not an easy job, but now that i know what to do without problems i can assure you that i will never go back to wheelchairs wheels, out there i`ve got a wonderful bike world waiting for my next chair , i`m a bit sick seen all cool chairs with Spinergys.
    Thanks for the info..

Would you take pictures of the before and after of the hubs, showing what the CNC operator had to do.... If it works well for you, would like to try and repeat .

Yes, i will post in the chair thread what to do for adapt bike wheels, but not all wheels need the same adaption, different hubs need different things to do, there is the question, but basically i will tell what to do, after you only will need to give the measurements to the operator.

the chair is ready to go, waiting for a sunny day to do the pics for the review, all week raining, i`m seating in it, i can`t tell much, only that is more agile insides , easier to hold it up to the car, a bit lighter, better brakes, more rigidity, etc.
    I really like the stainless steel pushrims, they use a 20mm diameter tube and i`ve got in my Spinergys 19mm, more grip and better sensations.
    But they are much heavier than an aluminium pushrims, around 260 grames more, but for me they worth, for a 559 wheel 709 grames for the pushirm, an aluminium would weight around 450.
    I`m using my 24" LX in the chair that is built for 25" wheels for have the tires of the Mavic wheels in perfect conditions for the review, the chair became a bit tippy with the LX, but nothing important, i wish a good day for do the pics and start using the Mavics.
    I will start the thread once the review is publish in adaptado.es

Here is just an aperitif, you can see that the lower frame is hide behind the front tubes and my legs, of course, so if you see the chair in front you don`t see the box frame, is just like a L frame.
    In this one i`ve got a knee reduction, i prefer it much than the tapered seat.

I've heard a lot about this chair.