Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oracing Extreme Box coming soon.

Oracing Extreme Box coming soon.

Hi guys.

Time ago, i sent to Oracing a draw showing how i would like a box frame if is for me, and told them that in around 2 years when i would change my chair i will go for an Oracing like that.

Well, last week i phoned them for a pair of stainless steel pushrims and we start speaking and they told me if i want the frame now.
    You can imaginate my surprise, i told them: what?
    -yes if you want it now we would do it and you keep your backrest uphostery, unitine forks, casters, seat, etc and put it in the box frame.
    So after speaking a while we do a good deal, they will do the box frame and i will give them my frame, a few euros and a review in adaptado.es , they will use my frame because have measurements very usuals for some athlete that they are sponsors.

I will start a new thread when i`ve got it.
    But you`ve got here an aperitif.
    What is going to change?
    The frame is going to be built for 25" wheels, of course the name of the chair can`t have a normal wheels, Spinergys LX are all less extreme, they are one of the coolest and lightest wheels of the market imo, but not the best, even i could say that Spinergys spox are better, have less flex.
    So for this chair i need a extreme wheels, are there something in the market? Not really, only for bikes.
    So i bought a pair of Mavic mtb wheels and modify them for the chair.
    The backrest is going 1/2" lower, COG 1/5" forward and different front reduction, is a knee reduction.

Now i`m again in my Quickie GTX because i took out the backrest, sideuards tabs and paint of my frame for send it tomorrow, BTW the naked frame&backrest weight 2124 grames.

I never thought that the most thing i would miss is my ergo seat, i`m very uncorfortable.

Here is just a pic, i`ve got a crosstube for calfstrap for give more rigidity and could go for smaller down tubes in the frame, of course the tube would have an protector.
    And the profiles of the sideguards are going to be integrated in the frame, like this way they will have lifetime warranted and much lighter, because now i`m going to use a 1mm CF sheet, i don`t need more thickness because the tube gives the rigidity, this way i calculate the weight will be around half as mines (360 grames mines)

I feel a little sorry, my beautiful blue leave my home tomorrow and is coming a black panther, bye bye
    Last edited by totoL1; 02-04-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Good luck! Can't wait to see what they turn out.

What inspired the change?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post

.000001 ounce weight savings.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Nothing, i just did a few draws of different types of box frames when i was bored because i thought that my next chair will be a box frame and the rest came itself.

Never was thinking in the weight, btw i`m going to save more than 1lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Nothing, i just did a few draws of different types of box frames when i was bored because i thought that my next chair will be a box frame and the rest came itself.

Never was thinking in the weight, btw i`m going to save more than 1lbs.
    I have been considering trying a box frame. Been waiting to learn the final specs and setup options for the new Top End box.

By the looks of it I can't imagine how it will be lighter than your cantilever frame. Looks like so much more tube. I don't think weight is the most important thing, though.

Are the side guards going to mount inside or outside the tube? That is almost like having rigid arm rests. You could mount the CF inside the perimeter of the tubing, too. That might cool.

Are you going to give hub locks a try?

By the looks of it I can't imagine how it will be lighter than your cantilever frame. Looks like so much more tube. I don't think weight is the most important thing, though.

You could mount the CF inside the perimeter of the tubing, too. That might cool.

Are you going to give hub locks a try?
    Of course weight is not the most important thing, but if is better and lighter is two times better, no? How a TR is lighter than the ZR1 if have more tubes? and is the TR better than the ZR? of course, another thing is if you like it or not, but that is another history.

Looks like much tubes, but that tubes aren`t adding weight, calf strap tube( 38 grames) , but anyway the frame wouldn`t be much ligther than mine, but adding the weight frame difference and the sideguards will be around a pound lighter.

The CF is going inside.

The hub lock will come next, the budget is finish at the moment, no problems for add a disc after because i`m using mtb wheels, so it will be just drill the holes in the surelock for where i have to fix them to the hub.
    Last edited by totoL1; 01-31-2011 at 09:01 AM.

That looks awesome! I hope it works out for you.

Have you ever seen this option?

Frame material:

Aluminium 7020T6
     Chromium Molybdenum Steel 4130
     Titanium Gr9 3AL 2.5V

Now is going to be possible in the new Extrem Box, coming soon .....

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Have you ever seen this option?

Frame material:

Aluminium 7020T6
     Chromium Molybdenum Steel 4130
     Titanium Gr9 3AL 2.5V

Now is going to be possible in the new Extrem Box, coming soon .....
    Are you involved in the business, now, or still just an enthusiastic customer?

And...what are you choosing for yours, and why?

Are you involved in the business, now, or still just an enthusiastic customer?

And...what are you choosing for yours, and why?
    About the first question i could be in the business time ago, but i`m studing and i want to finish my studies, we could say that i`m a little involved and an esthusiastic customer too.

Mine is aluminium version, we was speaking this week about incorporate this option to the extrem box, because they are going to do all their basket chairs in Chromium Molybdenum, so i suggest them to give it like an option in the Extrem, after a few conversations we decide that it will be a great option and incorporate titanium too, and it will become in the only chair in the world where you can choose your frame material, of course the CF solid seat pan by strips is an option too, now you only need the money