Thread: Retraining your brain

Red face Retraining your brain

My sister wants to buy me a set of videosto teach you how to retrain train your brain. She saw this on a PBS show where a quadriplegic who's spinal cord was severed was able to retrain his brain so that he could walk with braces and crutches. Has anyone heard of this and could it possibly be a scam as these videos run over $300.

With SCI-the problem is not in your brain and the connection from the brain to your extremities etc vi athe spinal cord is disrupted and signals won't go through.So I would definitely say a scam

CWO

Patients who can walk with crutches and braces has a very low level of injury and they have to have certain muscles that work.Yes they have to retrain themselves in how they walk becuse it is process but it is for selected persons with that level of injury and is done with physical therapists/rehab. And it is nothing new but only good for that particular level and you need therapists an the devices. And they should have mde that clear in the advertisement.

CWO

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Patients who can walk with crutches and braces has a very low level of injury and they have to have certain muscles that work.Yes they have to retrain themselves in how they walk becuse it is process but it is for selected persons with that level of injury and is done with physical therapists/rehab. And it is nothing new but only good for that particular level and you need therapists an the devices. And they should have mde that clear in the advertisement.

CWO
    You're right Nurse CWO,

I spent many hours trying to "think" movement and walking but only after many, many, many hours of physical therapy was I able to start walking again.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne